V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like some feed back on Deluxe owners on how happy they are with it the reason why I'm asking is because where I purchased mine they have (3) used ones on floor people traded in for a Road king I am very happy with mine I find no problem at all on long rides and I have done 300+/miles several times
I know the Touring family is superior over a ST on 2/up and are excellent bikes and I have driven several, but I find no problem on long rides so how about some feed back.

Dave

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm very satisfied with mine. Only thing I did other than changing out the pipes was to change out the stock seat. It hurt my back so bad I had to do something. Put a Corbin Classic Solo and the pain is gone. Now I feel I can ride all day. I mainly got the Deluxe because of the Nostalgic look and the low seat hight. I do think the floor boards drag pretty easily, that is the only complaint I have. Not bad enough to make me want to trade it though.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I agree, I'm very satisfied with mine too. Several of my riding buds were amazed when I traded in my FLHTC for the Deluxe, but the bike gave me a woody when I first saw it, and I still grin every time I take it for a put. I've got short legs (30" inseam) and the Deluxe fit's best. I had to change the seat also because of the low back pain, but a stock Heritage seat fit the bill and I still have no trouble sitting flat footed at a stop. The dragging floorboards could be improved.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must have one of those iron butts the seat as fare as comfort doesn't bother me but I gotta do something with that hump it pushes you forward to much on my last bike I brought the seat to a guy that redo's seats I think I'll bring this one and have him cut that back part down do either one of you ride 2/up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I do a little 2 up riding. My 12 year old daughter rides on occasion so I got the deluxe touring seat made for the Deluxe. My wife won't ride so most of the time I ride solo. Usually I don't even run a back seat on the bike for looks. It's so easy to remove/install.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I love my deluxe, retro look, but the seat sucks!!!! I think it's crap that this bike has to be the short people bike. I don't understand why they don't have a another seat that you could of gotten with the bike for taller people without having to spend another 400 dollars.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Happy with the Deluxe? Are you kiddin me? I absolutely love this bike and have had no regrets from day 1. In fact, my 2005 FLSTNi is the first motorcycle I've ever ridden, much less owned (OK, I used to screw around on my buddies Yamaha 250 back in 1989). I actually bought the bike without knowing how to ride. I had to have it delivered. Then went and did the MSF course, etc. After 5 months, I have put almost 3K miles on it and I am a changed man for it. I will never forget having that thing in my garage on that first day. Sitting on it and in such awe of it. Great memory.

I have always liked stripped down Heritage's and Fat Boys. When the deluxe came out, with it's retro styling, I was utterly helpless and basically ran to the dealer to buy one. Saw that tombstone tailight and I coudlnt sign the check fast enough.

Honest to God, I have been approached by middle-aged women who just gush over the beauty of the bike. I simply love it.

Being kinda short (5'7") the bike fits me well (actually it feels more like I fit in the BIKE well). I feel like im sitting IN in it, not ON it. Being a new rider, I havent leaned her over too much, thus the scraping boards have not been an issue for me. Kinda hear ya about the seat, but again, it hasnt been too uncomfortable for me.

I know alot of guys trade Fat Boys and Heritage's in for RK's as well. RK is a great bike, but for me, the Deluxe is the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I ride two up quite a bit with the S.O. and she's not a petite woman. she spent a lot of time trying to stay off the luggage rack until I put on the quick release backrest to help keep her on the pillion, but her legs would fall asleep with the stock pillion. The Heritage setup with the wider pillion seems to work better for her. It also gives me better back support and let's me sit farther back. I bump the shocks out about 3 turns to ride two up.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
BryanL said:
I ride two up quite a bit with the S.O. and she's not a petite woman. she spent a lot of time trying to stay off the luggage rack until I put on the quick release backrest to help keep her on the pillion, but her legs would fall asleep with the stock pillion. The Heritage setup with the wider pillion seems to work better for her. It also gives me better back support and let's me sit farther back. I bump the shocks out about 3 turns to ride two up.
I have this on my bike for my OL and she said it's a
hundred times better than the stock pillion. Plus it matches the seat.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4309086336&bmUID=1134852222045&bmLocale=en_US

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
mori could you send me a picture with that seat on your bike. i already have the removable back rest. id like to see it on a bike before i purchase something
Send me your email address and i'll send some pics
[email protected]

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Ok, here's a thread that is near and dear to my heart. A couple of observations. First, SEDELUXE05, your latest avatar picture is killing me. I just can't concentrate. Uh, what was I saying? Deluxes, oh yeah. Anyway, there are a lot of very happy Deluxe owners out there, no doubt. For me, I can't imagine ever not having mine. I love how it handles, how easy it is to customize, and how big and low it looks. To me it looks like what a heavy cruiser should. But it's not a RK. I wouldn't mind having an RK parked next to it. Or a Screamin' Eagle V-Rod. But I'm a Softail guy. To me the Softail profile is all Harley. And as Softails go, the Deluxe is up there with the Fatboys and Springers as all time classics.

Editor's Note: Ok, NOW your avatar pic is REALLY killing me. Offah!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
changed the pic feeling a little more patrotic today
i would love to get another bike i was thinking about a glide or something with bags
chris im going to hdwrenchs 98in in january se 95in just aint cuttin it. already mentioned to the ol that it needs a special tune up :huh: boy alls she said was ok. wrench told me it should satisfy me for now
If your feeling patriotic put flag panties on your avatar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts