V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to switch to Duels does anyone know if Rinehart makes them for softails.

Dave

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I know Rienhart, Bassani, and Sampson are making duals for the Deluxes. I was on the market for a while and have tried 3 exhaust systems on my Deluxe before I stuck with V&H Bigshots. A couple of members here have Sampsons, the new model Sampsons are good quality, sound great and make plenty of power from what I've seen. Don't know anyone with Reinharts on a Deluxe but I know thier pipes are top quality and sound awesome. The Bassani's have a unique sound but I have heard they are hard to install. I've seen several Deluxes with Heritage Classic duals. They are trouble to fit but it is all stock mounting HW of the Heritage. Then you can go with any slip-on for the Heritage and even H-D fishtails. It's a hot look. Here's my V&H pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Chris, I think I see a couple of finger prints...:yikes: . Your bike looks great man.

Thorns

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Thorns said:
... I think I see a couple of finger prints ...
(hijack) (hehehe) I am psyched 'cause I have a Corbin Classic Solo coming in the mail next week. Got it on eBay for a steal! And Richard at BB Reproductions is making me some new brackets to lower the bags 1 1/2" to fit the lower pipes and Heritage bag guards. With all that I will be able to run with my H-D solo luggage rack. I think it will be lookin' right when all that comes together. It is definitely runnin' right with the new pipes and the DFO dialed in. I am losing it because I am going to be travelling all week starting tomorrow and the weather is turning nice here again afetr raining all week and I've got the look almost finished :crying: :crying: :crying: !

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I am losing it because I am going to be travelling all week starting tomorrow and the weather is turning nice here again afetr raining all week and I've got the look almost finished :crying: :crying: :crying: !

Well....

...because you're a friend and all...

..I'd be willing to ride your bike while your gone. :D

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
wyodude said:
... I'd be willing to ride your bike while your gone.
You're welcome to Lady Lux, just as long as you accidentally put that big inch JIMS motor in her instead of your flamed out RK. Oops!

·
Registered
933 Posts
exhaust

Do some research on pipes and you will find you do not want rienharts.. These pipes cost to much do not perform well. But hay some people will buy them anyhow; and probly unload them later.. Search around on delphi forums hd site's and most people have dumped them.. You might buy some there cheap..

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
hardluk1 said:
Do some research on pipes and you will find you do not want rienharts...
I've heard that too. But then again, I've heard that about the others too. Guess it's all in who you ask and when. If you asked me last month about C/S slip-ons I'd have only good things to say about them (perform well, cheap, decent chrome), but ask me today and I'm all about V&H. Who knows what next month will bring?!? Anyway, the Sampsons are decent and I've heard more good than bad about their new line of pipes. Seems like they have solved a lot ot the heat shield problems. And the price is right, especially of eBay.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
HD-LUX,

Love your pipes man. Have the VH BSS on my Deluxe also. Mine is all black.
How do you like the tone of the Big Shots? For me, the sound is just perfect. Just loud enough with a bit of rap and a touch of obnoxiousness, but still not overboard. I too love the nostalgic look, and was going to go for Longs or perhaps the old-style 2 into 1, but theres something cool about the BSS look, exposing more of the swingarm and more of the rear tire. Real cool look. Good luck with the bike.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
V&H BSS sound? Love it. Better than the SE II (at least on my Sporty 1200C) and better than the Cycle Shacks slip-ons. More bass -- thump, thump, thump -- than just about any other pipe I've heard. And when you get on it, especially up top, they scream. Kinda mean sounding. Remind me of Rienharts with more bass.

The air cleaner is the H-D round nostalgic part. Fit is very tight with the SE A/C kit and new back plate but it does fit. Chrome on the H-D cover seems top notch.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Reinharts....

If you are looking for a asphalt melting monster and need that last 2 lbs of tq, then build your bike with the right stuff and forget about how it looks. If you are looking for a certain look and sound......read Reinharts.....then the minor performance lost in my opinion should not be an issue.

I have Reinharts on my Road Glide. My Road Glide already has the Stage II 95" and I am not done. It will be getting some head work and cams in the near future.........and the pipes are staying. Will it cost me some performance......yep, but I like the look and sound of the pipe and this is no drag bike :thumbsup: .

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
CHris,

Thanks. Did the Nostalgic Round fit without needing a new gasket to mate up with the SE Stage 1 bracket? Also, the round cleaner sticks out more than the football, right? ANy issues with leg placement and comfort?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris:

What were the 3 pipes you tried, I want to go with Duals now that I have bags on I just like the look better from rear end with duals IMHO I have read that Rienharts have QC issiues and I like the fishtail look but they are suppose to be a big power stealer I don't mind loosing 2 -3/hp/tq for the look I want but I'm hearing it's more like 8/hp + and going with 95" then to loose that much HP would be a waist of coin for upgrade. I'd like to see and hear from anyone with the new Sampson fishtails any dyno sheets and seat of pant feel.

Dave

·
Registered
933 Posts
exhaust

Rienharts pipes may look good but why buy a pipe that will lose you horse power.. There is NO ONE that has done side by side dyno runs that has made good power and tq out of these pipes..Power is ok on max top end but so are 32" drag pipes... For the money spent they suck.. Go to some different forums and scroll around and check how happy people aren't..... But some times I for get the old say'n (If it don't run chrome it) does apply here...

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I just got the Sampson Fishtails installed on my 06 Deluxe. I'm a newbie and only had the bike for a month before changing pipes. That being said, even I could notice a big improvement in low end torque. I don't know the first thing about how to read the Dyno sheets, but the dealer said the results were some of the best he's seen. The sound is great! I was all over the map in tryng to decide which pipes to go with, but in the end I liked the balanced look of duals.

·
Runs with scissors!
8 Posts
Pics of the new fishtails?

How's about some pictures of those new fishtails? I am considering them for my new 05 Deluxe, and am very interested in the fit and finish.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Deluxe said:
What were the 3 pipes you tried ...
Modified stock, Cycle Shack baloney cut slip-ons, and V&H Bigshot staggered. Of the 3 the V&Hs are by far the best. But I have not tried duals. I have seen and talked to people who have done the Basanni duals, the Sampsons and the H-D Springer Classic duals. Of those I learned that the stock pipes with modified baffles suck, Springer Classic duals are hard to get installed, the Basanni pipes sound different, and the Sampsons sound great and are well made. But those aren't first hand. I can tell you the new Sampsons look awesome and seem to have worked out all the heat shield and fit issues. Morii55 is running them and they are very cool for that retro bike look.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hardluk1,
I think you missed the point of my post. Check out the following thread: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64611

I made a comment to a local dyno tuner with lots of 'sperience about my Reinharts and he said that the Reinharts are some of the best duels he has worked with.

Bottom line, to each his own.....that is why they sell more than one exhaust system.

Oh and by the way, I have LOTS of chrome and it runs just fine!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts