V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I rode down to Ocean City, MD yesterday to check out the DelMarVa Bikeweek.
I have uploaded some (46) bike photos in the photo gallery area.

There were a sh!t load of bikes! I know I saw at least six (!) '02 Screaming Eagle RoadKing's. Only saw one '03 bike, didn't see any VRODs, mostly V-Twins, a few sporties and some rice.

The ralley itself was just ok, about an equal number of food vendors and merchanise (helmet stickers etc, mostly crap). I hung around for the wet T-shirt contest (the top 2 finalists were nice, the rest were mutts).

It had rained lightly around 1:00 pm and at 3:00 pm it looked like it might try again so I decided to head back home. About 30 minutes down the road it did start raining, a few miles later, I saw a gas station so I pulled in to put on my raingear. Just then the rain stopped (of course it did;) )

Made it home by 6:00 pm. At 7:30 pm it rained like hell.

300 mile round trip = nice was to spend a Saturday.

wyo

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by wyodude

It had rained lightly around 1:00 pm and at 3:00 pm it looked like it might try again so I decided to head back home. About 30 minutes down the road it did start raining, a few miles later, I saw a gas station so I pulled in to put on my raingear. Just then the rain stopped (of course it did)
Ain't that the way it almost always goes ? :confused: Same thing happened to me yesterday, so I decided to he\\ with it. Hit the highway again, then it really let loose . Won't be the last time me or Elvis gets wet ! Ride Free !

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Bear in mind this is only the 2nd year of the event. It has improved greatly over last year and should get better again next year. Vendors are coming around. They didn't want to commit last year because they didn't know how many to expect and figured it might not be big enough. Some still had reservations about it this year and chose to pass again this year. I think with the growing numbers though you will see many more vendors as it grows. Due to the growth this year over last year and the expected growth next year it may be moved to Salisbury, MD where they will have use of the civic center and the old Salisbury Mall. They will have paved parking and indoor vendor space. Pass the word and make plans to attend again next year.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
utrvp,

Sorry, you may have mistaken my general pissin' and moanin' as a complaint:D

For the record, anytime I get a day off my leash and can ride several hundred miles is A GOOD F*CKIN' DAY .

wyo

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
No Wyodude I didn't take it as a complaint. I live in the area and was just pointing out that this is a new event and will be getting bigger and better in the future. I hear attendance this year to be any where from 50,000 to as much as 70,000 but nothing official yet. Glad you enjoyed it. Come back next year and bring some friends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts