V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delkron or fueling or camplate or are than pretty much the same? I have to replace my cam plate and i really don't want to spend the money for the r&r setup.
I'm getting my crank trued and balanced , welded. I also have gear drive cams , and the fueling superpump.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
darktrainer said:
I like the OEM.
"Delkron or fueling or camplate or are than pretty much the same? I have to replace my cam plate and i really don't want to spend the money for the r&r setup."

He didn't ask if you liked the OEM now did he? %[email protected]

:ntlgh: :hystria: :laugh: :whisper: :yes: #@SasF# :roflback: :roflback:

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
darktrainer said:
I like the OEM.
My oem took a **** , so now i want to upgrade. Why is it so hard to get an answer without getting bullshit responses?
I'm pissed off enough now with my OEM POS crankshaft that wiped out my OEM camplate and OEM oilpump.
For 20,000 you would think you would have a straight crank and a decent bearing.

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
mori55 said:
My oem took a **** , so now i want to upgrade. Why is it so hard to get an answer without getting bullshit responses?
I'm pissed off enough now with my OEM POS crankshaft that wiped out my OEM camplate and OEM oilpump.
For 20,000 you would think you would have a straight crank and a decent bearing.
Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to give you BS answer. I have run the others and went back to OEM because it worked better in my case. You have my sympathy on your parts issues, been there too many times myself.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that just a little pissed off. Is the factory one as good as the others ? What's a factory camplate cost?
If you get the crank trued, is the oem okay to use?
Just trying to get this fixed without wasting money, but i don't want go through this again.

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
My crank is a 26000-00 SE straightened, balanced, lightened, and tig welded in four places on each side and I am running the stock plate with a Latus lm-002 spring and see nice pressures without being too extreme. You may want to consult with somebody like Mike Stegman or another well known builder.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Mori, talk to a couple of builders but I bet you'll be fine with the stock plate if your staying 95". If your going bigger you probably want to spend the coin to get the R&R plate since it will give you some extra support on the pinion end of the crank.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jasilva said:
Mori, talk to a couple of builders but I bet you'll be fine with the stock plate if your staying 95". If your going bigger you probably want to spend the coin to get the R&R plate since it will give you some extra support on the pinion end of the crank.

Joe
i already have the fuelling super pump, is the fuelling plate better than stock? The problem is with the R&R I don't think my pipes will fit plus it's double the price. I really don't want to worry about what pipes will or won't fit later on.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
I don't know about the quality of the Fueling plate compared to others but I believe you MUST use the Fueling camplate with their pump.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can use the fueling pump with stock cam plate, but you can't use the stock pump with the fueling cam plate.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
jasilva said:
I don't know about the quality of the Fueling plate compared to others but I believe you MUST use the Fueling camplate with their pump.

Joe
I am using the Delkron camplate with the Feuling oil pump. No Problems.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
jasilva said:

Joe
No, you can use your stock Oem camplate with the fueling oil pump. I did on my 120 zippers build which was built by my local indy

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Okay, I stand corrected.

Joe

·
Registered
299 Posts
OEM camplate with LM-002 spring will work fine. But, I would have the OEM camplate pressure tested as they are finding leaks from where they seal/plug the passages. Only problem I see with a Fueling is that if you have bad crank run-out, the fueling does not have the bronze bushing for the pinion of the crank. I am "assuming" that the OEM can stand more run out.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
OK Money is a factor, value that is
Value would be to buy the new SE camplate kit. The OEM pump is now 385 list and the improved OEM 07 pump which only works on the SE plate and included in that 400 dollar kit, or 07 hydrachain setup plate is improved and on par with a Feuling.
Delkron or Feuling
I say neither and have had issues with rear gear fit with both.
OEM but SE flavor in this case when the pump is shot anyway.
Regardless of the camplate, and that is not the root cause, the crank needs to be adressed, trued and welded at a minimum.
BTW take a good listen to some of the more experienced hobbiests that don't have any product to sell, in ths case Darktrainer.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
mori55 said:
i already have the fuelling super pump, is the fuelling plate better than stock? The problem is with the R&R I don't think my pipes will fit plus it's double the price. I really don't want to worry about what pipes will or won't fit later on.

I have the R&R Camplate setup and the pipe fitment wasn't an issue. I also have the Feuling Super Pump! Now as far as cost, it's more but it's the difference between a moped and a Harley. Quality always costs more.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1711tab said:
I have the R&R Camplate setup and the pipe fitment wasn't an issue. I also have the Feuling Super Pump! Now as far as cost, it's more but it's the difference between a moped and a Harley. Quality always costs more.

I understand that and i don't think the fueling is junk either, i already said I'm getting the crank straightened and trued and i already have a brand new fueling pump to install. The pipe fitment is an issue with some pipes , I'm not about to give 1000 dollar pipes up.
The question was is there any difference in the two camplates.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Mori, if you don't want to spend a lot , I have a good OEM plate from my 03. I replaced when doing my 95 with a feuling , but only because I got a hell of a price on the feuling.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts