·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More concerned about the tone and less about the decibles:thumbsup:

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Wild Pigs.........deep sound, great sound overall, and cheap price.

$165 delivered with a free t-shirt.

Just do a search on ebay for them and you find the deal.

Steve

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
V&H classics. Best if you can find somebody with a set and lsiten. Its all a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Rhineharts, Bassani and V&H ovals (my top 3). You should go to a rally, poker run, or Harley store and listen to them all. I did, I had every bagger with different pipes fire up their bike to listen. I chose the V&H Ovals, price and the overall chrome look sold me. They also bark at 4000 and up. Good luck on finding yours.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Best sounding pipes I ever had were Hooker tuned flow turn out/down mufflers on bassani true duals. They sounded awasom. Problem was after about 300 miles I got the damdest headach I ever had.

I now run kerkers with tapered endcaps. Sound good and they bark when I want it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I must agree Timbo & Glide, The Bassani straight cuts, or Rush, really have a DEEP throaty sound, and you don't need earplugs to ride behind them. The price ain't bad either. I have a set of Bassani 2" on my 02 SERK, and this is what I plan to use on my new 06 FLTRI.
WD

·
Registered
79 Posts
Give the Wild Pigs a try, I think they sound great, and you can not beat the price. Pigs on my 06 bagger runs great with no EFI mods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I get loads of compliments on the sound of my Wild Pigs---had them for 4 seasons on my RKC, and bought a set when I got my 06 EGC

Cant beat em!

PEZ

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking at changing my Samson rolled thunder slip-ons for the S&S ones I have seen advertised in American Iron magazine has anyone else tried these as they are supposed to be deep but not too loud. Also they have interchangeable baffles which can drop the sound a few Db as well to keep the neighbours happy when I have an early start to go to work.:thumbsdn:

Only reason I am changing the Samsons is that after 30000 miles they are looking a little rough and I like the look of the S&S the only others I have considered are the V&H ovals.

I don't have as much oppurtunity to hear different pipes on different bikes over here in England as in the States so any advice appreciated.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I considered the S&S SPO mufflers myself until I actually saw a set installed on a bike. Those things are HUGE, they are butt ugly when you see them in person.

Those things look like truck mufflers adapted to the bike......

~John

·
A Bit Off Center
31 Posts
Sarge12R said:
Rhineharts, Bassani and V&H ovals (my top 3). You should go to a rally, poker run, or Harley store and listen to them all. I did, I had every bagger with different pipes fire up their bike to listen. I chose the V&H Ovals, price and the overall chrome look sold me. They also bark at 4000 and up. Good luck on finding yours.

For slip-ons I choose the V&H Ovals as well. They are getting deeper and louder as they break in. As Sarge12R stated, at about 4000 maybe even a bit lower on the power band they do bark and oh so nice! :clap:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've got the Ovals as well....They could be deeper, but sound great....not too loud either

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
S and S are advertizing new slip ons for touring rigs. Big oval mufflers that are suppose to give a nice sound but not tire you out with loudness.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
mfn said:
S and S are advertizing new slip ons for touring rigs. Big oval mufflers that are suppose to give a nice sound but not tire you out with loudness.
Those are the mufflers I was referring to earlier in this thread, they are the ugliest things I have ever seen. They are HUGE & stick out beyond the bags in every direction.

~John

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
MaineUltraClassic said:
You can go to their website and hear a sound clip of them. They sound pretty good...........and like they advertise, they have that '60s muscle car tone to them.

Looks......well I'm not sure. I've seen many pictures of them, but I haven't seen them in person.

Steve
I've looked at the SS site for a link on soundclips but don't see anything. Where is it?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts