V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago, my Dad rode a 46' Indian. In those days a popular thing to do was cover the wires and cables with this sort of hard, chrome, plastic, coily thing. (Nowadays the motorheads have them on their rice burners in multiple colors.) Just wondering would it be considered "tacky" to spruce up my bike with those chrome covers if I could find them?

I also remember finding a jar full of different size studs and gems that they used to decorate their bags, seats and them old "captain style" caps with. Shyt, we put them on everything we could find back then until the old man noticed em':D

Anybody old enough to remember this stuff?:Dennis

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
fourhour said:
Many years ago, my Dad rode a 46' Indian. In those days a popular thing to do was cover the wires and cables with this sort of hard, chrome, plastic, coily thing. (Nowadays the motorheads have them on their rice burners in multiple colors.) :D
Check out Dennis Kirk.They got 'em.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've seen some of that stuff you wrap around cables and things.... on some bikes I've competed against in shows.... compared to braided cables and things like that it looks horrible... very cheapy looking... but then these might have been cheapy versions... there might be a better quality product out there that does the same thing and looks better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.