V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer tried to charge me $32.50 under warranty to adjust chrome end cap on my hand grip. :2flips:

I think you will see this more often because of declining profit margin.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Jim, I'm surprised he doesn't just hit you with a cover charge at the door.

You really took your bike in to have the grip end covers adjusted under warranty. Did you get him to adjust the mirrors also.

·
Registered
529 Posts
csoday said:
I guess I'm just going to wait for ladies night and get the OL to take the scoot in for my service.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
csoday said:

You really took your bike in to have the grip end covers adjusted under warranty. Did you get him to adjust the mirrors also.
It was in for a leaking clutch line replacement under warranty, so I asked the guy to care of it.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
You must be older

Good save, LOL

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Well... I hate dishonest people, and businesses. That price sounds "extreme" for something that piddly, but you know a dealer is not put here to do everything "at cost." The whole point of having a business is profit.

Something "under warrantee" should be 100% free, so in that respect it was a rip off and I wouldn't go back to the dealer. I vote with my feet.

I also do all my own work, unless it is something that my pea-brain can't handle. :D That being said, I'm surprised I don't know the service reps. by name.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
czar said:
I also do all my own work...
Same here. I trust no one. If a dealer can't even install a hand grip correctly in the first place....

·
Just Sayin'
2,530 Posts
Jocky........soooooo whats you shop charge per hour?:D :D :D

·
Banned
139 Posts
that is just what the H-D shops do. I took my bike in because the back wheel was wobbling and they tried to charge me $80 for removing the aftermarket exhaust to get the wheel off. Oh yeah, and my exhaust was bone stock at the time.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
DynaLow05 said:
Jocky........soooooo whats you shop charge per hour?:D :D :D
Don't have a shop. They get worked on it in the kitchen. :yes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think the days of saying " if you dont ' want it someone else will " are over for the moco. just way to many nice used bikes out there.:whistle:

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
roloplex said:
...they tried to charge me $80 for removing the aftermarket exhaust to get the wheel off. Oh yeah, and my exhaust was bone stock at the time.
that's a good one!

BEFORE any work is done I try to always remember to make a statement something like "...and this is covered under warranty, right?" If there's any question about it we can discuss it before the work is done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.