V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally broke down & replaced those solid hard to clean wheels with some wipe & go ones. While I was at it, I threw in a few nuts & bolts to the chrome shop & man that baby just slices the wind now. Thought I would try to share a few photos with the form. I have been reading a lot of good post from everyone & it has helped me in fine tuning my new machine. Im currently running the TFI with the 16 Gage Pipes. Lowered the rear end with some Progressive Shocks & the new ride is just orgasmic everytime I twist the throttle.

From the sunny beach in Manhattn, Ca.

Enjoy the ride, Enjoy the road, Enjoy the rod, VROD that is.

Don

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
VERY nice Don! - love the pics of california too, reminds me of old times!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice Job, Can you give me some info about those mirrors and who makes those wheels.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Looks good! Been thinkin' about some new wheels for mine...now you've really motivated me! Does it really handle any different in the wind without the solid wheels?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow, that's an awesome setup. Aren't those PM Wrath wheels? I've always wondered how they would look, since PM always shows the V-Rod with their Monaco wheels. And you did the matching rotors and pulley! Sweet. The Harley dealer in St. Pete only added the Monaco wheels (on their rental Rod) and left the stock pulley & rotors and it doesn't look right. Your setup is beautiful, and I also love the mirrors, graphics, chrome calipers and cylinder/switch kits and other chrome pieces. Nicely done!

I looked into doing the wheel setup, but the price is somewhere near 4 grand for everything. :( Before installation. I looked at Performance Machine's website and the chrome wheels are $1049 front, $1149 rear, plus $629 chrome pulley and $329 x 3 for two front and one rear chrome rotors. Expensive...but it sure looks nice.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mirrors that I put on are made by Arlen Ness. Wheels are the Wrath series made by Performance Machine. Not cheap, but it's what I really wanted. They are so well made that they did not require any weights for balancing. I looking into a Lic Plate & rear blinker reloction kit that is comming out by Laser Star, it's pretty clean looking, made out of brushed stainless steel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No balancing weights? That's very cool! I just recently had my rear tire changed, and now my stock wheels are suffering the scars of having the weights relocated.. :(

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Bike looks great DC. I've got the same Arlen Ness mirrors on mine and they get a lot of compliments. They match the bikes lines very well.

I used to live on 33rd & the Strand in Manhattan Beach. Definitely "babe central".

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, the beach area can really get you in trouble. Lot of temptation around here. Have to watch myself, I have a tendency to rubberneck a bit which is not good when the car in front comes to an abrupt stop for pedestrians

·
Registered
201 Posts
Could you let me know which Arlen Ness mirrors they are? Are they the alternative oval stepped mirrors (B. 13-046). I have been Searching for mirrors for about a month and I have now found them. They look great on this bike.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't know the number. Just saw them in the display cabinet & said give me those. Lost my reciept.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks anyway. I will just keep looking.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
vrsc said:
Could you let me know which Arlen Ness mirrors they are? Are they the alternative oval stepped mirrors (B. 13-046). I have been Searching for mirrors for about a month and I have now found them. They look great on this bike.
Thanks,
Ness Cateye Softbend Mirrors

13-045 Grooved
or
13-046 Smooth

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
DC,
I hate to be critical but the flame stickers have to go!The bike looks great except for the Air Box!You must have a little cash left get a Killer Paint job to go with your Killer Bike!Your LC/ PLATE IS CLASSIC!
Kaz... ;)

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kaz, I appreciate your honesty & ya know what, I'm with ya. Before I had all the chrome work done I was thinking about painting it with some sort of flame job. I was in the shopping mall one day & this guy had a kiosk where he makes all kinds of decals on his computer. I had him make these, which I'm not crazy about, but for $25 I can have a different paint job every week till I figure it out. Wait till ya see next weeks. Just kidding, I don't know what I want, but it sure beats spending thousands & not liking it when you get it back. I'm going to go see him next week & work on some new designs before I commit to paint.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts