V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant believe it is Dec 1 and we are still riding in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The weather today is 17 degrees C (64 F) and has been beautiful the past 2 months. November was nicer that Sept. Anyway, taking it one day at a time. It is supposed to be nice for the next week or so anyway. In this city you can usually ride at least a few days of every month in the winter because of the warm air "Chinooks" that blow through over the mountains from the ocean.

Ride Safe,

Paul Beattie
Calgary Fire Dept
Canada

·
Registered
291 Posts
Were getting dumped on in central New York and were sending it your way!

Paul Beattie said:
I cant believe it is Dec 1 and we are still riding in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The weather today is 17 degrees C (64 F) and has been beautiful the past 2 months. November was nicer that Sept. Anyway, taking it one day at a time. It is supposed to be nice for the next week or so anyway. In this city you can usually ride at least a few days of every month in the winter because of the warm air "Chinooks" that blow through over the mountains from the ocean.

Ride Safe,

Paul Beattie
Calgary Fire Dept
Canada

·
Registered
149 Posts
My first impression when I saw your thread is that you must be from SOUTHERN Canada!. It's Dec. 8th and the temp here in NE Wisconsin hasn't crept above freezing in two weeks. Tommorrow we're supposed to have a heat wave. High of about 25 degrees F. I have to settle for sitting on the garaged V-Rod and dream of spring.

Pete

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I guess I'll stop whinning about the "Mostly Sunny" 56°/39° weekend weather here. Sorry to report that I'll be logging my usual winter miles. It's true you can ride year round here in No. Cal but you better be prepared for sub-freezing wind chills in Dec, Jan, Feb, brrrrrrrrr.

3 more months

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
It's in the 60's here in Vegas Bright and Sunny!Just picked up the V-rod from it's 1k service.Going to track day in the morning on the Duc.Will ride the V-VRODR sunday!I'll be think of you all.
Kaz...........

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dec 10.....still rolling

I am lucky enough to still be riding every day. It is Dec 10 and today is 52 degrees F today here in Calgary, Canada. The forcast is for the same for the forseeable future. Two years ago, Christmas Day, it was 72 degrees F.....hopefully that will be the case this year!!!!! It has snowed a couple of times but the Chinooks keep melting everything in a day or two. When it does get colder though, I am ordering a Lottermanns Drag Bar and Arlen Ness lowering kit. I think I will also get the pipes V-Modded.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dec 20.....still ridin'

I cant believe it but it is almost Christmas and we can still ride every day. It is a little chilly when the sun goes down or behind a big cloud but I'll take it anytime!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts