V-Twin Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1104 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #942
I don't know Allen I didn't hire them the MC that through the party did but I can find out. I'll get back to you on that

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #943
Dyno day! She's dialed in now wasn't too far off at all she's making 130hp and 143tq without juice. We tried to test the juice but the clutch wouldn't hold beyond 148hp. Need to upgrade to a centrifugal pressure plate and a fresh clutch pack
DSC_0121.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #946
29.5 intermediate
82 Main
160 on external air bleed
165 Thunderjet

Super G with bombsite venturi

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #947 (Edited)
The exhaust door was run after butt dyno before the actual dyno. He said pipe wasn't holding it back. I did pretty good got within three hp of final run before it even got there. My settings on arrival were 80 main and 33 intermediate it made 128hp the tuner guy was impressed how close it was. We got half way through NOS run and the clutch couldn't hold but we had a 30 jet on NOS and needed to bump the fuel from 30 to 31 I was close. The 80 main had a touch more hp but hair less torque then the 82. I stuck with the higher torqe number ran the 82

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #948
We opted to weld the door in position at about a 40° position felt like best of everything. Hinges were rattling bad. Would need machined bushing....... Maybe later but right now it's running great

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #949 (Edited)
Well the juice is gonna have to wait just a little bit. I've been advised my hp and torque numbers are in the red for the trans. Still running stock trap door and bearings. Probably gonna start putting funds towards a zip rack gearset and door as well as lockup clutch. There goes another couple grand...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #955
S&s Super Stock Ignition took a crap today. N3ding to replace ignition module on S&S V124" what would be best? Same unit, High 4 or other?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #959
It was offered with the IST or super stock ignition so I would assume it has what is needed to fit an IST. Is that the better way to go?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #960
Looking at the Dyna 2000i unit. It has a feature to retard timing for nitrous witch should come in handy. Can't go much more then 40hp shot without being able to pull timing. Also fully programmable. I also want to add a vented cover to prevent overheating witch seems to kill all the ones that go in the cone.

941 - 960 of 1104 Posts