V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Just heard our local dealer is changing hands. The buyer owns several HD dealers in Florida.

Hope that's a good thing.

·
Fixxer of broken things
292 Posts
our local shop has been around for as long as i can remember just announced it was closing.[/QUOTe

The old store was just not generating the money it used to,thats why they are putting everything under one roof in Avon.Thats the story on the street.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Jeez, if I can cannot understand history, you expect him to have any taste in bikes?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dealers For Sale

Now we are into the summer of 2012, years after this post started. Does anyone know of any dealers for sale now?
?anyone?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I hear Oboma is going to have the goverment buy out the Harley dealerships at there appraisal:redrolf: and offer a stimulus package to help out the economy and every thing with be fine.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
The dealership in St. Augustine, FL closed earlier this year. For Harley owners wanting service, they’ll have the choice of riding 30 miles north to Jacksonville or 40 miles south to Daytona Beach.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Full dress Harley is cheaper than a full dress Goldwing with same equipment...Now Honda is moving back to Japan.... You think I can pick up one of these dealers with my Federal Stimulus check?

Actually I know when I go into a dealer I am paying MSRP on a bike and on accessories 10% less on what the accessories catalog says because dealer gives a discount. I think where they can screw you is on labor and warranty coverage but I have to say I have been treated pretty good over the years.
Just Saying...
it die one time (there's a reserve lever, duh......). The only time it just had me stuck was some kind of electrical problem that I just couldn't find because I wasn't smart enough
figure out what to use, and I am good with that. I don’t want different bars. If they are not %100 comfortable, I will adjust to them
Well I’m just saying you are WRONG

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
San Diego Harley was sold in December. NY myke sold to Rodin Younessi.The folks at sd Harley seem excited about it but I don't know if it's from the new owner or just because they are wanting to keep their jobs. Stopped going to SD a few years ago when Biggs in San Marcos had better service turn around times.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know if they were forced or not. Maybe the owners thought the bubble would just keep growing. Now that the bubble has burst i'm sure that a few will go under.
There's a YT vid of a guy famous in the AZ HD world and he tells of ridiculous HD dealership setup demands like very specific building and window space design and so many yearly HD required sales events. HD lives in some delusion that their the two wheeled version of GM or something.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The dealership in St. Augustine, FL closed earlier this year. For Harley owners wanting service, they’ll have the choice of riding 30 miles north to Jacksonville or 40 miles south to Daytona Beach.
Wow...thats pretty bad considering florida has THE highest HD owner concentration in the country.

I think a big part of the problem is each dealership has numerous unnecessary employees sitting around on the clock. If HD doesn't realize its not 1990 the idiots in Milwaukee will drive the moco into bankruptcy which is what I see happening w/in a decade for HD.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I don't know if they were forced or not. Maybe the owners thought the bubble would just keep growing. Now that the bubble has burst i'm sure that a few will go under.
I know a few of the older dealers that were not happy with HDs changes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts