V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who? Me?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried both of the dealers in my area and neither will sell me the SERT update. They are telling me it is a service only item. Has anybody else had this trouble? I really need that update.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
HarleyHeevo said:
Ive tried both of the dealers in my area and neither will sell me the SERT update. They are telling me it is a service only item. Has anybody else had this trouble? I really need that update.
HH: IMO, both those dealers are yanking your chain. I've purchased the last three updates from local dealer without any problems.

Try here: https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

The latest version 4.5.2 carries part #32117-01F

Good luck!

:cheers:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
HarleyHeevo said:
They're idiots, shysters, charlatans and assholes.
My dealer, well, I won't say what my dealer does, since MoCo cockbites lurk here and it would get my dealer in trouble for actually providing a customer service.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
MegaGlide said:
My dealer, well, I won't say what my dealer does, since MoCo cockbites lurk here and it would get my dealer in trouble for actually providing a customer service.
Well said Mega!:boxin: :clap: @gree: :beer4u:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
HarleyHeevo said:
Will place the order through Zanottis, Thanks for the help!
And if you don't mind engaging in a little intellectual exercise with the local morons, ask them what you are supposed to do when they tune your bike with the software in their shop computer, which will save it as an .MT6, since your software won't recognize or open an .MT6 file for any future tweaks by you. Buy a new SERT to get the $20 CD?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
MegaGlide said:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Who? Me?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MegaGlide said:
And if you don't mind engaging in a little intellectual exercise with the local morons, ask them what you are supposed to do when they tune your bike with the software in their shop computer, which will save it as an .MT6, since your software won't recognize or open an .MT6 file for any future tweaks by you. Buy a new SERT to get the $20 CD?
Going in there is just an exercise in frustation. When I bought my first Harley, the local dealership was just this nice little building with bikes and clothes. It wasnt anything fancy, but the people there, for the most part, knew their stuff. Well they have closed that building and built this giant fancy place and lost all of their knowledgeable employees in the process. For example, I went in there a couple of months ago for a parts manual and the kid behind the counter hands me a service manual. I told him that I already had the service manual and I needed the parts manual. He replied that the parts breakdown is in the service manual and there is no specific parts manual. I got mad and left and swore to myself that I would never go back in there. Im just a gluten for punishment I guess, because I do go back there if I need something simple.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
HarleyHeevo said:
Going in there is just an exercise in frustation. When I bought my first Harley, the local dealership was just this nice little building with bikes and clothes. It wasnt anything fancy, but the people there, for the most part, knew their stuff. Well they have closed that building and built this giant fancy place and lost all of their knowledgeable employees in the process. For example, I went in there a couple of months ago for a parts manual and the kid behind the counter hands me a service manual. I told him that I already had the service manual and I needed the parts manual. He replied that the parts breakdown is in the service manual and there is no specific parts manual. I got mad and left and swore to myself that I would never go back in there. Im just a gluten for punishment I guess, because I do go back there if I need something simple.
What you do in those situations is come back with the part # for the manual you want, tell the guy to go look it up... and then hand him a towel to wipe the egg off his face... I've done it a couple times. Had a parts tech tell me there was no such tool as a Spanner Wrench to adjust the shocks on a Softail. Luckily I had the part #. He looked it up, and sure enough they had one in back. Gotta love knowing more then stupid people...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts