V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I order parts from my dealer it takes about 10-14 days for them to come.

Recently I have ordered online using the harley website. I chose Bumpus HD in Memphis as my e dealer. I ordered parts on friday and they were delivered yesterday (monday). I ordered parts again monday morning (about 5am my time) and ups tracking shows they will be delivered today. Thats next day service! You cant beat that with a stick.

If your dealer is slow to get your parts you might want to try this, it works for me :D

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
20 percent discount and No Tax

A buddy of mine has turned me on to a dealer in Mason City, IA that sells parts for 20% off retail and doesnt charge any tax! What a deal! He said that all you pay is shipping (your choice of service).

He also sells stuff on Ebay/brand new. Sounds like a dealership that has the customer financial situation in mind!

His web addy is www.harleyofmc.com. Tell them you heard about them on the Forum. Maybe we can pick this dealership up as a sponsor?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
20% off retail and doesnt charge any tax!

20% off retail and doesnt charge any tax!

Dang, and I thought my dealer was doing good by giving 10% off for hog members. Thanks for the link. Will be giving them a try....

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anytime you order out of state you dont pay sales tax, unless they are a big company and have a store in your state. I dont think this applies to HD because the stores are all privatley owned. I checked the HD website and unfortunatley www.harleyofmc.com. is not a HD e-dealer.

The e-dealer thing lets you browse the harley parts on line at the HD website and order with a click of a mouse and also lets you track your orders on line.

Maybe dprice (hint hint) ;) can contact mason city harley and get them to sponsor this forum by giving its members a 20% break on the parts, we would have to order by phone but thats ok with me :D

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Unfortunately he doesnt have E-shopping, but they take phone orders for 20% off retail to anyone.

I placed an order with two other buddies (to conserve on shipping) and we made out like a bandit on savings.

Everyone that orders needs to tell them that they read about them on our website. I want their curiosity to linger a bit before I send them the email with stats asking them to become an advertiser.

Check these numbers out:

Stats from 11-17 April 2002 0800 am.

648,062 page views from 1,297 distinct hosts.

And remember, the H/D forum was "lost" for about two days. :)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Forget the e-dealer ****. Browse the corporate site all you want and get the part#. There are at least 3 other dealers that give you the same deal (Hale's, Chicago and Moroney's)

The best service is from Hale's, talk to a girl by name of Jenny (you have to call her or e-mail her) but try all of the dealers. They claim 20% off but it is not always the case on all the parts, often one of them has a better price, at times even more then 20% on closeouts.

You can use the Chicago HD website to punch in the part# and get a instant quote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts