V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm taking my 94 Road King to shop to have the carb cleaned.
(I'm not doing it myself because I can no longer turn a screwdriver, arthritic joints).
Anyone know the shop time to do this relatively SIMPLE job?
Probably nothing more than sticky jet. Due to OLD fuel left in bowl for a few years.

·
not sober all the time
5,821 Posts
I don't know what the flat rate would be for servicing the carb but I doubt many dealerships even work on bikes of that era. Probably an indy job...then it's up to the individual "wrench" to estimate the price. That could vary depending on the condition of the carb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My shop does all the work on my classic bikes.
They love the honor of keeping my high mileage bikes running!
My 93 sportster has more than 150,000 miles on it.
My area here has not a mechanic nearby ( that I am aware of), whose reputation and integrity is as good as the mechanic who has been keeping my bikes running for the last 15 years..
1 1/2 = to 150.00 bucks, pluse cost of rebuild kit... at most 70 bucks, (after HD markup.) My dealer will order after market kits...
Lol probably cuz HD don't focus on my classic bikes!
But thank you! You answered my question reqarding labor/time!

·
Registered
86 Posts
"...H-D don't focus on my classic bikes!"...how true. With my '92 FLHS most of the time I open my catalogs...all aftermarket stuff. No problem(s) because quite a lot of aftermarket is better quality than the factory stuff. When I DO go to my H-D dealer...and he has what I want (not often)...I buy 2. ......
During the winter months when not being used (with a full gas tank)....I start the motor like every 2 weeks and run it until the temp shows around 180 degrees. Keeps the battery charged, gas running thru the carb, the oil flowing and most important, moisture burned off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.
I had an inattentive rider run up my ass at a merging yeld. Fender is fucked, need a new one. I got stupid
Lazy for 2 years, and didn't even treat the fuel! (I did put the battery on the trickle charger....and started it once a month for a while. Then I got depressed...and left it sit.)
I've been riding my Sporty, but as soon as this **** lifts, I'm planning a long camping riding trip. As well as riding the peninsula of Fl.
I need to get my King back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts