V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So buddy rides over to my house and tells me he is getting a slapping and bad jerking while riding his bike. I take it for a ride and give him my opinion (Very Loose primary chain). I tell him to give me a few and we can adjust it up, as I had a spare inspection cover gasket. He says his bike is going in for service next day anyway so he will have it done then. He comes back to see me Saturday and says the bike is shifting hard and making noise etc. I take it out again and come right back to the garage and pull off the cover. This was just adjusted by the dealer the day before mind you. The primary chain had absolutely NO Slack what-so-ever in it! It was so tight it was hot and had gouged into the shoe. So I adjust it correctly and tell him he really needs to get the shop to replace the primary shoe! Needless to say, he says I'll just buy one and maybe you can install it for me. I said sure, but he is going to install it while I coach! Man, I can't imagine what other crap these dealers are doing to folks bikes without their knowlege????:lurker:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Not all dealers are created equal.
Some are great and some are terrible just like car dealers.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
The whole service industry in the U.S. is going to sh*it. I havn't had any bad experiences with HD yet cause i do just about everything myself, but i have had some experiences lately with plumbers and home inspectors. Maybe my experiences are isolated but it sure seems like every year it gets harder and harder to find someone that will do a good job for a fair price.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
miles to go said:
The whole service industry in the U.S. is going to sh*it. I havn't had any bad experiences with HD yet cause i do just about everything myself, but i have had some experiences lately with plumbers and home inspectors. Maybe my experiences are isolated but it sure seems like every year it gets harder and harder to find someone that will do a good job for a fair price.

@gree: @gree:

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Know the feeling. Had the bike worked on. Made it about 40 miles and it broke down. Called the up and they sent a truck cause they said they would pick me up. WRONG!! They took the bike and left me there.... no riders allowed. They couldn't find anything wrong with it so I took it to another dealer where they fixed it and been happy ever since.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Kindsvater Flat said:
They took the bike and left me there.... no riders allowed.
What a load of BS! I've had my dealer have the shop pickup van give me a ride home from the dealer when my bike wasn't ready as expected.
Can't remember why it wasn't ready but they didn't strand me there and I live almost 50 miles from there one way.
They've also given me a loaner bike when the guy working on my bike had to go out of town unexpectedly for a couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts