V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed and order for the oil line remover/replacement and primary locker tools through a dealer over the net a couple of days ago. They wrote me back saying the tools are for dealers only so he'll try Jims instead. WTF!? When did tools become "dealer only", am I getting shafted or what?
Assuming I can't get the tools, what can I do to remove and reinstall the stock oil lines to the oil tank? The primary locker is easy enough to make.
Any help with ideas or where I can buy the oil line tool.

Oil Line Remover and Replacement Tool, P/N HD-44455

H

·
0 Posts
Try the VTF Sponsor, George's Garage. THey have a lot of those specialty tools.

The H-D tools, are not so much "dealer only" as that they aren't carried as H-D parts (hence the different numbering scheme). They are usually Kent Moore Tools, and not cheap.

Harris

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried looking on the kent-moore site, no luck. A co-worker told me about SPX Kent-Moore, a specialty tool section of the company. Only problem is there isn't a searchable website.
I found the Jims tool at denniskirk.com from another VTF thread.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I ran into the same thing locally - a dealer told me the primary locking tool was a "dealer only" item and not for sale to the public.

Bought it from George's Garage. Fast, friendly service. Costless too.

·
05 FLHTCI
345 Posts
Call Jenni @ Benji's

I bought the primary locking tool from Jenni at Benji's, 304-523-1340. She will get you anything you want. I try Jim's or Georges first, then go to the special HD tool if there is noting else available.

David

·
Registered
213 Posts
WTF are you guys talking about? What kind of oil line requires a special tool? A primary locking tool is a hard wood wedge, for Christ's sake.

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just going off of what the manual says. The oil line tool fits around the line and goes inside the connection to push back the tabs inside. If a generic oil line tool will work, I'll go with that. Anybody know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts