V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relatively new to bikes, have had alot of experience with little red italian cars, and i thought parts and service for those was a joke. Am currently riding a Ducati750 Monster, which i enjoy very much, but trying to get any upgrade or accessory from the manufacturer or a dealer is virtually impossible. So, my question:

What has your ownership experience with a "new" bike from Harley been like? Some of the parts look a little cheap, and if i bought one, the first thing i would do is upgrade things like footpegs, deplasticize and convert stuff to billet or high grade aluminium,etc. How available is such stuff, and what in your experience, would be your "short list" of such add-ons (i am not talking about changing the appearance of the bike or even making performance mods, for now). Finally, what bugs have you experienced, and has the manufacturer solved them? That's enough for now! Thanks in advance, and btw, real nice site!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There is no other motorcycle in the world that has near the availability of any sort of aftermaket parts.

The sky and your pocketbook are the limit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My first priority was replacing some of the parts around the bars with chrome: H/D Bullet mirrors, cyliner covers and levers. Then the dirve belt guards (real nice!). As many bolt covers as possible. Footpegs, front and rear, jiffy stand. Also added driving lights to front end (see pic under front end design thread).

Parts availability was generally there. Only thing not in stock or back ordered for any length of time was the mirrors.

A guy that bought a V-Rod the same time I did is chroming everything including the front forks! There are some nasty German chrome rims out there for big bucks. Maybe someday.

Have fun, ride safe Pete

·
Registered
146 Posts
The MoCo has all the chrome parts you can image for the Vrod, just don't try to get any service parts:rolleyes: My experience has been poor to say the least. Everytime something breaks the replacement has to come from the factory.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The MOCO has it ALL covered....they aren't the cheapest but they make up for that in variety!

And "Welcome to the family" :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts