V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, settled with the Insurance Company finally. Been talking to a friend at Mid West Choppers and we closed a deal on my bike. I am flying out to Detroit first thing in the morning and then on to Illinois. By 2:00pm I will be on the road from The Knoxville area back to Houston.

This is the bike. It never met reserve on Ebay. I contacted the guy and we came to an agreement.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1851781033

I like it!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Whew...finally! JimmyK looks like you found a good deal on your new ride. Good luck on your trip and ride safe going home.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Congrats Man, it Looks killer.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Bout bloody time! now can I have the nacelle off the old one? :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree, you have closed on a good deal. If it turns out to be all that its suppose to be, I hope you have a great ride home.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
we closed a deal on my bike.

No nacelle then? :(

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
harleyhog said:
we closed a deal on my bike.

No nacelle then? :(

LOL, when I say my bike, I mean the one I am picking up. The wreck is going to an auction as is. They said I could cherry pick the add ons and they would deduct it from the settlement. I told em NO WAY KEEP IT.

These lame asses paid the STEALER for all the parts they ordered and are selling em at the auction. STUPID!

In that the shop mis diagnosed the damage, there is no way I'd a worried about what they ordered. The initial quote would have been rejected and the bike totaled had they said the frame was bent and the jug was busted.
( Yea! Went down pretty hard but JimmyK takes a lickin and keeps on rippin! )

Anyway, what the hell? The bike had 51k + on it when it got smashed so I made out pretty good. I am buying the bike I showed ya here AND putting $3k in my pocket. NOT ONE MOTHERFUCKIN PENNY TO HARLEY!

LOL the STEALER called me today to tell me about this RoadKing coming in in 4 weeks and how he would make me a good deal on it. LOL I told bim to pretend his ass is a garage and park it there and wait for me to call him back.

BLA HAHAParkItUpYerAssDude! HA!

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Ok, I broke.

I decided to buy the O2 VRod on the floor rather than wait for the 03 (which will be ready in about 2 weeks.) OTD for the bike 18.6k, plus 1.6k tax, sundowner seat and bitchback kit, leather bags, 16 gauge SE dual pipe and EFSPI package.

All told the final cost = 22.2k

I figured the savings over the cost for the 03, plus silver / black got me the accessories for what I'd have paid just for the Bike. That and the fact that:
I RODE IT HOME TODAY!!!!

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Oh, sorry I meant to add Congrats to you Jimmy! Please ride home safely!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I'm cornfused, is it on a HD frame or other?

·
Registered
380 Posts
great looking bike, i like the red paint, i also settled with the insurance co. on my wifes sporty. going to change color and new bags. becarfull on the ride home. we need your posts to keep us going.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
logical said:
I'm cornfused, is it on a HD frame or other?
Firstly thanks to all of ya. This has been pretty lousy. Had not my brother Manny been so kind as to help me break up the wait by flying out and riding one of his with The Hippo, Manny and me (Los Tres Amigos Por Vida ) I'd a probably pulled all my hair out. :eek: OH! Wait! I buzzed my head May 4th and have kept it that way since! Well you know what I mean.

Logical, it is a Harley Frame Up. Not sure why he put the word "like" in the add. The whole Bike is so damn "Genuine" that I am just going to have to find some things to change. LOL!

The guy who owned it bought it so he and his wife could get closer. She ended up leaving while he was hanging all the bulbs on the tree. So he said screw it, I don't need a RoadKing, I will build a chopper and ride alone. He was dressing the Hog for the two of them but things went south.

I'm still not convinced that a Big Bore Stage two is worth the time on an injected bike, but I guess me and the Illinois Higway Patrol will find out tomorrow. LOL!

I have a link that I have been dying to place in a post but that will have to wait until Sunday Night or somethime Monday when I get back.

My wife yelled at me tonight at dinner for shooting the horse. We was drinkin Margaretas so she was gonna nail me for something anyway. :rolleyes:

She thinks I am "insensitive" because I ain't crying over the wrecked bike. Women!

The machine is simply a vehicle to place the soul in The Wind. If it can't do it anymore get one that can. That is not "insensitive", that is the way it is.

Well hitting the hay. Talk to y'all when I get back. Take care all of you. Holiday weekend = drunk drivers so watch it out there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
JimmyK,
Too bad I'm working this weekend, so I can't offer to ride over and meet you. Maybe next time you're around the Joliet, Ill area? Have a great ride back to Houston...

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
JimmyK said:

Logical, it is a Harley Frame Up. Not sure why he put the word "like" in the add. The whole Bike is so damn "Genuine" that I am just going to have to find some things to change. LOL!

Good...I didn't want to see you kicked out of HOG...hehe

Seriously, that is a great looking bike and it's nice that the owner bought you all that neat chrome. Some of the HD stuff is pretty nice but it's hard to justify the price if it's my money. Is it more orange than the pictures in person?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
JimmyK said:

BLA HAHAParkItUpYerAssDude! HA!
Oh Magoo, you've done it again!

Chiming in late here but want to congratulate you and wish you a safe ride home. Glad you're back on two wheels.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts