V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my FXDL is 4 years old now and after 3 or 4 weeks of raining or wet weekends I got my bike out yesterday for a ride and the battery was dead.
With all you seasoned riders in here does anyone have any recomenditions on a replacement battery?
Thanks , Gene

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I used to buy Sear's Die Hards as they were guaranteed for life. Don't know if that's still true as I don't deal with Sears any longer. The factory replacement batteries are usually cheaper than anywhere else, so I buy those.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
After four years, you probably do need a new battery, but I keep my bike fully charged all winter long with a battery tender, as I'm sure most cold-weather blokes do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
2k2FXDL said:
Well my FXDL is 4 years old now and after 3 or 4 weeks of raining or wet weekends I got my bike out yesterday for a ride and the battery was dead.
With all you seasoned riders in here does anyone have any recomenditions on a replacement battery?
Thanks , Gene
Hey Gene, The Harley AGM battery is a great unit at a good price. And, no vent tube.........Bill

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
HD agm for me...Thats all i use. I have tried exide and oddysey and found while o.k. for stock they didn't last as long. The hd's average 4-5 years if tendered in the winter months and the exide and oddsey were only about 3 years at same conditions.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
2k2FXDL said:
Thanks , Gene
I recommend a HD replacement as well. Whatever brand you decide make sure it's a sealed unit. Don't buy one with a vent tube. Had one in a shovel a few years ago and the damn thing puked acid all over my frame. Not good.

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
MadCity said:
After four years, you probably do need a new battery, but I keep my bike fully charged all winter long with a battery tender, as I'm sure most cold-weather blokes do.
I just ride mine:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.