V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 Street Glide with SE air cleaner, SERT, and Rhinehart True Duals. I have some consistent de-cel popping that some folks (especially the dealer) are telling me is acceptable...can't get rid of it without MANY hours ($$$) on the dyno setting up parameters at every RPM of throttle release. Any experience here? Anybody out there mapped out this very common combination?
Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
451 Posts
kshapiro said:
I have an '06 Street Glide with SE air cleaner, SERT, and Rhinehart True Duals. I have some consistent de-cel popping that some folks (especially the dealer) are telling me is acceptable...can't get rid of it without MANY hours ($$$) on the dyno setting up parameters at every RPM of throttle release. Any experience here? Anybody out there mapped out this very common combination?
Ken
kshapiro:

From www.hdmaps.com

2006 FLH, RINEHART DUALS, SE AC, 1450
This should give you satisfactory performance. Excellent Customer Service before and after the sale!

:cheers:
 

·
XLIII
Joined
·
10,078 Posts
Since you've got the SERT anyway, it won't cost you anything to try an FX Softail map. They've worked well in the past w/ duals...
 

·
Ridin' with the King
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
kshapiro said:
I have an '06 Street Glide with SE air cleaner, SERT, and Rhinehart True Duals. I have some consistent de-cel popping that some folks (especially the dealer) are telling me is acceptable...can't get rid of it without MANY hours ($$$) on the dyno setting up parameters at every RPM of throttle release. Any experience here? Anybody out there mapped out this very common combination?
Ken
Bullcrap. The more I hear this the more I think the dealers just don't have any idea how to tune thier own bikes. Go to the EFI Maps forum and read the posts. It has bee covered a million times. Do what folks like Mega and others reccomend like lowering the enleanment settings by 50% and lowering the AFR to under 14.0 and you will be happy. The stock Dyna map works ok and I ran it for a bit with good results but when I really spent a little time tuning the Road King map I got mine running great at all RPM's with 0 popping. I got the same crap from the dealer about how it's normal and to just live with it - THAT IS CRAP! Do it yourself. Once you figure out how to use the SERT it is as easy as tuning a carb and points. Peace -Frank
 

·
Habitual **************.
Joined
·
234 Posts
kshapiro said:
I have an '06 Street Glide with SE air cleaner, SERT, and Rhinehart True Duals. I have some consistent de-cel popping that some folks (especially the dealer) are telling me is acceptable...can't get rid of it without MANY hours ($$$) on the dyno setting up parameters at every RPM of throttle release. Any experience here? Anybody out there mapped out this very common combination?
Ken
You don't like decell poping? Just kidding. Send me a copy of your map and I'll fix it for ya. It will faster than trying to explain it. PM me.
RB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Road Bag said:
You don't like decell poping? Just kidding. Send me a copy of your map and I'll fix it for ya. It will faster than trying to explain it. PM me.
RB
Road Bag

I have the same set up and have been playing around with the SERT as well. The decell popping is still there. I can't get ride of the decell especially coming off the the freeway. Please do share the map once you fine tune it. Will be much appreciated.

Joe
 

·
Habitual **************.
Joined
·
234 Posts
JMN68 said:
Road Bag

I have the same set up and have been playing around with the SERT as well. The decell popping is still there. I can't get ride of the decell especially coming off the the freeway. Please do share the map once you fine tune it. Will be much appreciated.

Joe
Pm me Joe.
RB
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top