V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any one here that is knowledgable on the use of, and difference between settings, and the software that goes with the Daytona Twin Tech TC88A ignition?

I have a question that has come up after an upgrade on my bike, headwork and 1275 cc Hammer barrel and piston kit, followed by Dyno tuning and adjusting the dials on the TC88A.

For info the bike is 04 Sportster, 1275 Hammer kit, head work and bigger valves, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Krome Works HP Plus pipes, CV-performance needle and emulsion tube, light spring, slide not drilled.

The guy that did the build, a really nice chap, so I don't want to insult him by directly telling him he has got it wrong, (if he has) , but I am sure he has some wrong assumptions about how the TC88A works in relation to EEPROM or default FLASH table, switching between the two and how the software achieves the switch.

I will not go in to more detail now, wasting all your time reading the detail , unless some one replies that knows how to operate the PC-Link software that interfaces with the TC88A.

I have uploaded the TC88A table file as I downloaded from the bike the day I got back to my home and the dyno chart as from the final tune...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologies for the typos, but it looks like this forum software does not allow login back and editing the post. yo can edit the title but not the text..damn annoying

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Apologies for the typos, but it looks like this forum software does not allow login back and editing the post. yo can edit the title but not the text..damn annoying
At the top of your post you will find the edit button......

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only allows you to edit the title of the post
Tried multiple times. Maybe an Apple Mac Safari issue

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I dont want to speak I'll of your builder or tuner,,, however the power output is considerably lower than I would expect from a 1275 hammer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And yet someone else said it was higher..hmm..

10.3:1 compression as opposed to 10.5, as he thought (due to a discussion we had, plus the state of the valves and seats (pitting) and the orange build up on the plugs) , there was an issue with the fuel in my area.
Previously ..like a year or more ago i had been running with a mix of AVGAS 100LL and pump 95 Octane had it free from work, aircraft daily fuel drains, so I bough *** how and used it.

Andrews N4 Cams
RPM set to max of 6000 RPM

A precision valve job was performed consisting of four angles on the intakes and two angles and a radius on the exhausts. The stock valves were replaced with oversized high flow valves – 1.725” intakes and 1.485” exhausts and all of the seating faces were vacuum tested. The stock cams were replaced with Andrews N4 cams and the stock valve springs were set up to provide 145lbs pressure on the seat and 270lbs at 0.490” peak lift of the cam profile. The stock clutch was replaced with an Energy One performance extra plate clutch and the primary cavity was filled with new HD Formula + fluid. The combustion chambers were machined to 57cc which gives a static compression ratio of 10.35:1 and a corrected compression ratio of 9.26:1 with the supplied 0.040” head gaskets. The new piston rings and bores were heat cycled and then broken in under load before the bike was dyno tuned with the final numbers being 90.41 ft/lbs of torque and 84.38

Standard header pipes and Krome Werks HP Plus slip ons not a 2 in to 1.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont want to speak I'll of your builder or tuner,,, however the power output is considerably lower than I would expect from a 1275 hammer.
think I found why
rsther than use the reverse dome piston setup that Hammer recommend, he used the flattop pistons and ‘hogged out ‘ ( as Hammer put it ) the head to 57cc, so loosing the squish area.

also did not know how to change the DTT TC88A from EEPROM map to FLASH map, did not change to a cooler plug like Hammer recommend, and ended up with the dials on 9 & 9, even though the max ( on FLASH tables) they recommend is 5 0

I am on the lookout for updated firmware for the TC88A Race version though. If any one has the two files that would be appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts