V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
On the website, it says those T-rex pipes will only fit '02 and up, does anyone know off the top of their heads, why they wouldn't fit a 2000 model FLTR?

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i think Mega hit that one on the head pre2002 the bikes came with the different brake lever. It came up and was in the middle of the floorboard. The new one points forward to the end of the floorboard. I guess they would work with the new lever then....may have to email company to ask....

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Yeah, I think you guys are right. I was just comparing pics of my bike, and the extremely nice Street Glide posted up top, and I think the brake pedal is the main difference. I wonder if I can change to a later model pedal without too much trouble to allow the use of those pipes, because they are spot-on, outstanding.
-Orion

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Install time

Those are by far some of the best looking true dual pipes I have seen to date. I have had Hard Krome before and I had some quality issues where the end cap welds were not smoothed out prior to chromeing. I like the double wall construction. I have an 06 Road Glide I think they would look killer on my ride. Hard Krome still only list them up too 05 models but I assume the will go on an 06 since you have up on that sweet lookin Street Glide. Any imput on the install. What fuel management are you using, SERT, PCIII, DFO?

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pipes have a balanced powerfull sound when cruising. kick in louder when the power is on. real nice sound. went with a high flow air kit and pciii custom dyno tune. It runs fantastic throughout the powerband, unlike the brutal stage one download. was like getting a new bike!! I have not seen or heard a nicer set of true duals.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I just purchased a 06 Street Glide(pearl black) and love the Hardkrome duals.This will be my choice for duals.Where is the best place to purchase them and what air cleaner kit did you use?

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the pipes on the web right from Hard krome. SE high flow air kit and a PCIII.
Had a custom dyno map done and wow does it run great. 75 hp with smooth strong power. Great sound all the way from idle to WFO. No popping, backfiring, bogging, lurching or peuking that comes with a harley download. Throttle response is awesome, runs betteer all the way round. Very happy with the result.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Thanks for your response!! Would you be willing to share this particular map? I will offer an reimbursement if wanted. I am in the process of returning a set of unused V&H big shot duals.I have to get a set of Hardkrome duals on my Streetglide before summer.Thanks for sharing your photo!!!!!

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
There really is only one reason.The hardkrome are 3 inch and the V&H are 2.5 inch. I think the V&H will end up on my bike anyway because the vendor will not return my email about the return.My wife thinks I am crazy about caring about 1/2 inch differance and think the big shots look fine.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
The Vendor just issued the pick-up call tag and will return the V&h pipes. I now get to order the T-rex duals!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I had a 'for instance' for you to present to your wife involving the attributes of 1/2" bigger. Since you've gotten the return ticky, my point would be moot. :sofa: Just see sig line.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like the look of the pipes but wonder what the left side looks like. I run a set of Kuryakyn passenger adjustable footpegs on my '02 FLHTCI & have seen some duals that the left pipe runs low enough not to allow these to be installed.
Anyone tried this combination?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Anyone else running these T-Rex's on a bagger? Thinking about putting them on my 02 R-Glide. Damn they look sharp.

I've got HardKrome S-bend longshots on my 02 fatboy since new and love them. Fat, great sound and finish with good tourque from the S-bend. Not too loud on the highway but a good crack when you roll it on from the low end. Good for setting off alarms in town...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts