V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CBA Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to find a room at exit 273 location. I dont want to be in the middel of the mess and I like to ride so any place in that area would be great.

Anyone else makeing the big trip.

Norm in NC.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've apparently got a room here for the 3rd thru 6th. My plans are a still a little vague (which is how I like it). I probably won't know for sure if I'm going, how long I'll stay, or who's coming with me till I get there. I can't foretell the future.

I might not mind having one more to split the bill with though. Just depends on how annoying you are. :hmmm:

·
Registered
434 Posts
There's about seven of us Buell guys riding down on Friday the 10th and return Sun. or Mon. I'm riding the Springer down(can't see wearing out my track tires in the slab on the Buell). There's a couple of big BBQ parties Friday and Saturday nights that some of the heavies from Buell will be attending and hopefully some of the riders in the 200. Will probably be at the races Friday/Sat. Our group has floor space reserved at the sit of the BBQ's. Should be a great time. If this sounds like what your looking for let me know.

·
CBA Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks people. I had a bro call me a few days back asking if I was going. I told him yes but was still on the search for a place to stay. It turns out he was faced with the same problem. After we both started looking his farther inlaw stepped up to the plate and told him about a time share that he is involved in. He pulles this book out with all these places from cost to cost.
We found one today on the beach and about 6 clicks from main street.
$190 a night with jacuzzi, Deck and all that. I said HELL YA! Stock the bar im going to Datona! So thanks for the help people. Hope to see you guys down there. Ill be the guy with the bald head, leather vest and blue jeans.

See you there.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Side Trip

If you catch a spare day, (preferably sober :cheers: ), might want to cruise down to Orlando. Get off of I-4 at Princeston and turn left for 3 blocks to Loc Haven Art Center. The museum there is hosting The Art of the Motorcycle. Some of the coolest old bikes on the planet. :chopper:

·
CBA Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That I think I would like to see. The wife might like that too. If you can
think of any other events going on ,let me know...Its our first year there
and we want to make the best of it. Sober!!drunk! Well we have been known
to drink a few at night but we leeve our toys at the motel and take a cab
to ware ever we want to go to be safe. I find its much cheaper that way:rolleyes:

Got to go now, the wife wants to go to a movie tonight, Geeeezze! What I
have to do to go to Datona:( Cant live with them,cant live without them.
Im such a *****!:puke:

Talk to you guys soon.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
I was pulling my hair out to find a room. Called hotels.com, and they did all the work for me. Told em the town and what I needed. It took all of 2 minutes.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Can anyone recommend a fun camp site to stay at? All we need is some showers. I want to be where the party is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am staying out at the ABATE camground at the Volusia County Fairgrounds off of SR44. Going out to Deland on 3/4.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have NEVER gotten reservations in the years that we have been going, well over 15 yrs, just drive up, Long drive (150 miles) and start going to the hotels. Have never had to go to more than 5 to get multiple rooms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts