V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really did have a good time with some great friends. We left Kissimmee Monday heading north and fifthgear went south. I had planned to make Slidell Louisiana by dark. However one of our riders broke down about 40 miles east of Tallahassee Florida. He did have a blown fuse on the main wiring from the battery on the way to Florida. After putting in a new fuse we went on. It didn't give him any more trouble untill now. We called the Honda shop in Tallahassee but it was closed. So we called the Yamaha shop [Cycle Nation] and he said that he would send a truck and trailer out to pick up the bike [1985 Honda Shadow]. It took about an hour and a half for them to get there. After we loaded the bike on the trailer we followed them in to the shop. It took about an hour for them to locate the part and repair the bike. The owner of the shop had just got back from Daytona himself and treated us really great [thanks Mr. Rudd]. The total charge for the towing and parts and repair was $68.50. Really great people. After repair we took off and made it on in to Mississippi.

Tuesday morning we took off heading for Louisiana. Just as we entered Louisianna we hit the rain and wind storm. I turned on my flashers and Boneyard turned on his flashers but the Yamaha and Honda didn't have any. An eighteen wheeler pulled in behind our last two bikes and blocked where traffic couldn't hit them in the bad weather. We pulled in to the first rest area and set out the rest of the storm for about an hour. After the storm went through we headed on to Houston.

The trip was fun, the weather on the way there was good, the people were great, but the traffic was terrible. Glad to be home and looking forward to my trip in July to the west coast. I'll let you know how that turns out.

KrazyGG

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
It sure is nice to be back at work ain't it? I remebered something that was so funny to me at the time so I'm going to tell it.

We were turning around in a parking lot trying to get our directions straight to head to Daytona beach from the cabage patch. There were some sportbike guys lined up along side of the road a little ways down watching their buddies doing their stunts, wheelies and stuff in the street. We wern't sure about the right road to Daytona so off goes KrazyGG down through the sport bike guys on his Electriglide with Boneyard01 right behind him. He stops in the middle of the group and says "I came here looking for a race". LOL. I don't think they quite knew what to say. Bonyard01 said that they finally started laughing but didn't know at first if he was serious or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts