V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going? I've got a Super8 motel room reserved in Daytona for March 3-6, which is the first weekend of the event. Me and a bud will prolly share the cost, but it's still a bit pricey.

I've been going to Myrtle Beach bike week for years now - how is Daytona different? Maybe I'll see some of ya'll there.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I'll be there from Sat to Sat. Rented a house and an apartment downtown.

Daytona is different from MB because the events/vendors/hot spots are spread out all over the place. Traffic is a nightmare, IMO.

·
03 FLHTCUI
375 Posts
Daytona Whoas

I am the luckiest guy at Daytona. Bought the Trike in February, 2004, and this will be my third Daytona Bike Week. Heck of a place to learn to ride!
I will trailor the scoot, because my wife goes on this trip (she does NOT ride) and we will stay with friends of ours in Spruce Creek (if you don't know the place, it is a fly-in community real close to Daytona Beech. His hanger, which is attached to the house is nicer than my entire house - more floor space, bigger kitchen, and one heck of a lot of toys. Durning Bike Week, he flys his wife and my wife off to Miami, Atlanta or wherever to go shopping and I ride all day!! At night, he takes us over to the clubhouse where we watch the pinky raising set pretend to be bikers! Its a hoot. When sitting in the hot tub in his lanai (if I came close to spelling that right, it is the "Florida Room" - porch to you and I) and listen to the revalry at the Cabbage Patch, which is not far away. And to think I only get to do this for 12 days. Hope you all feel sorry for us.

Ride Safe.
Walt

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I prefer MB to Daytona as it's less crowded, prices are better and you don't have the traffic problems. It seems that the main attractions in Daytona are beginning to move out toward the new Harley Shop and Beach Street is dead. In a way this is good (less traffic) and you can actually get from point A to point B.The places around Bunnell Iron Horse (great steak sandwich) and others are much more reasonable in prices than Main St which is a pretty big rip off but a must see deal for your first trip. David Allen Coe puts on a pretty good free show at the Iron Horse and the White Eagle has some pretty good bands also free. The speedway has some pretty good dealer exhibits and demonstration rides. AIA from Daytona to Jacksonville is a pretty nice ride along the ocean and St Augustine attracts a pretty good crowd with lots to see here. Good Luck and enjoy your trip.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Yep Im going

Just yesterday got a call from the condo we stayed in last year wanting my credit card number for 06. Ormond Beach on the ocean not the nicest place down there but its home for the week. with a bed, shower, and kitchen how ya go wrong. is there a place ya all meet up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts