V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Very cool, except for the minor damage done to the motorsickle. Thats some great scenery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great Pics

Great pictures! Too bad you didn't show much of the twisties - I know how it goes though - I'd rather ride through them then take pictures.
Ouch on the tip over!! Looks like you were moving?
$$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Scorpion07 said:
Great pictures!
Ouch on the tip over!! $
didja get the insurance?

i rented a car once (my car was in shop) and dented it 3 times in 3 days
(kids baseball, kids bicycle, ran up on top of a huge railroad tie and lifted that side of car up on the rocker panel)

yikes.
always got insurance after that.
rented a RYDER 24 ft, got hit, flipped over on side, turned around backwards, going down highway ~50mph (slowed down from 70) on side, backwards is tough.

insurance is good.

i REALLY like your pics.

i took ~500 pics on ride to colorado & back. only one person liked them
oh well, about the ride...not the pics... but yours are nice.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was on the Harley Fly and Ride program, so the insurance is included. $1,000 deductible for theft and $2,000 deductible for collision. Las Vegas Harley submitted a repair estimate of $4,560. No mechanical damage, paint damage to fairing and tank, and bent crashbars. Dime sized dent in the right exhaust header. According to HOG, they do not repaint parts, everything gets replaced. I'm checking my Geico motorcycle policy to see if I'm covered on rentals. I also paid by AMEX, so there may be some coverage there.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Looks like a great ride. To bad about the wreck though...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congratulations on a great ride. I know the country and there are great roads and spectacular scenery. I feel for you on the bike damage, but at least you weren't harmed. All in all, I know it was worth it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great pics!

You're dead-on about Route 66 between Kingman and Oatman. Had the opportunity to ride that a couple of years ago. One of my favorite twistie rides of all time. In fact, I'm thinking about braving the Laughlin River Run foolishness one more time just so I can ride it again.

Thanks for posting!​

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
gpierce said:
Great pics!

You're dead-on about Route 66 between Kingman and Oatman. Had the opportunity to ride that a couple of years ago. One of my favorite twistie rides of all time. In fact, I'm thinking about braving the Laughlin River Run foolishness one more time just so I can ride it again.

Thanks for posting!​
All true...an awesome ride & road!
Great Pics xcelr8!!!! I rode rt 66 this summer between Seligman and Kingman...(and have ridden oatman to kingman as well) what an awesome ride. The only thing that sucked was the 110 degree temps approaching Kingman. Rt 66 rocks!!!
Thanks for posting those great trip pics!!!
Tim

·
Registered
772 Posts
xcelr8

glad to see that you pretty much enjoyed your ride out this way. Especially the trek accross Death Valley and into the Lone Pine area. Thats some pretty unique landscape, isn't it? Its not often I get up that way from the coastal reagon of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties, but those pics bring back plenty of memories of places I sometimes am able to ride to. Too bad about your fender bender. Hopefully you had a good ride.

Peace,

D

Ventura CA

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
xcelr8 said:
I was on the Harley Fly and Ride program, so the insurance is included. $1,000 deductible for theft and $2,000 deductible for collision. Las Vegas Harley submitted a repair estimate of $4,560. No mechanical damage, paint damage to fairing and tank, and bent crashbars. Dime sized dent in the right exhaust header. According to HOG, they do not repaint parts, everything gets replaced. I'm checking my Geico motorcycle policy to see if I'm covered on rentals. I also paid by AMEX, so there may be some coverage there.
so, will they give you the OLD parts?

that's crappy, in a way. looks like they would repaint them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
04ctd said:
so, will they give you the OLD parts?

that's crappy, in a way. looks like they would repaint them.
If I want them, I have to pay to have them shipped to Florida. I'm thinking I'll have someone from the Las Vegas Hog Chapter pick them up for me, and I'll let them have them for free.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was wondering how things turned out as to insurance coverage on the damage. There are lots of opinions on this, so it would be helpfull for those of us who consider renting now and then to know what was covered by whom and who ended up paying for what?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JohnT said:
I was wondering how things turned out as to insurance coverage on the damage. There are lots of opinions on this, so it would be helpfull for those of us who consider renting now and then to know what was covered by whom and who ended up paying for what?
so far...........my Geico motorcycle policy does not cover rentals. AMEX collision deductible waiver benefit excludes motorcycles. The HOG insurance has a $1,000 deductible for theft and a $2,000 deductible for collision. According to HOG, if a painted part is scratched through the clearcoat, they replace the entire part. My damage report from the dealership, when I turned the bike in, states: "customer had accident. Scratches to fairing and tank. Bent front crash bar". I stated to HOG that I thought the dealership had inflated the repair bill ($4,560). The next step is for me to challenge the $2,000 deductible charge when it hits my statemnt.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When in Lone Pine, go West up to Mt Whitney which is the highest point in the Continental US. Lots, and lots of old westerns were filmed between Lone Pine and Mt Whitney. Don't plan on hiking up her thought, it is 11 hours up and 8-9 down.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dusty67 said:
When in Lone Pine, go West up to Mt Whitney which is the highest point in the Continental US. Lots, and lots of old westerns were filmed between Lone Pine and Mt Whitney. Don't plan on hiking up her thought, it is 11 hours up and 8-9 down.
I wish we would have known that. Is the road open all year? OK for bikes?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts