V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my bike but my brother's he is in long beach cailforina.The guy that put it together wanted to use a dfo for fuel . I told him i'd use the tmax well the guy called to ordered 1 today and he told my bro that they woint sell him one cause he is in cailf....so i might have to get it for him and send it to him what he has done is the dave mackie mega-sphere 95"kit with the tc590 lift big radius 2 into 1 se air filter and the cams that come with the mackie kit.....do any of u have this build and if so or not what would u suggest using for the fuel and what base map thanks its a 2001 fatboy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i been trying to figure this out i have a power commander that came off of my touring bike so i called pc and they said that it would work on his bike so thats what he is going to do but i doin't see any map on there site that has what he has can any 1 sugest a map to start off with the build is above thanks. Better yet do u no a good tuner in the long beach area.............

·
<><
3,971 Posts
I have the build and love it. TUNING, however, is critical. After significant depth of research I rode 6 hours each way to RC Cycles in Hayward for my tune. Made all the difference. Smooth as silk, great street manners, runs cool (215 max through Vegas on a HOT day, no oil cooler), 40ish mpg with 91 octane (no ping), takes just about anything in 6th with cruise set at 75 fully loaded (2750rpm). You need compression releases.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mackie Tuning

RDJ roadking said:
well i been trying to figure this out i have a power commander that came off of my touring bike so i called pc and they said that it would work on his bike so thats what he is going to do but i doin't see any map on there site that has what he has can any 1 sugest a map to start off with the build is above thanks. Better yet do u no a good tuner in the long beach area.............
Hi, your bro will love his kit AFTER HE GETS IT DIALED IN...I have done several of them... they run great but they nead their own custom map :whisper: ...
I like a Power Comander USB best ,but the SERT also works well...
I map them both here in Lake Havasu City AZ...I will also be in Reno For STREET VIBRATIONS...If I can help Call 928-486-9193.
Good Luck
Steve The Dyno Man :cheers:

·
<><
3,971 Posts
BTW, after extensive interviews (and references from this forum) Steve was one of 3 on my short list. Could just as easily have ridden 6 hours east (to Steve) or 6 hours north to RC. Family vacation took me north for a week, so that was the tie breaker. I may yet take it to Steve one of these days just for grins...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the great info.......he is going to have the compression releases in the heads......i sent him this thread so he see who to call to tune it. Do any of u know what base map to use for the first 1,000 miles. If so i can load it in for him before i send the pc he also had the stage 1 map from harley....... Thanks again............

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Like Steve says, you need to get it tuned but that is a very nice combo. That cam will hit hard early and still have good start and idle parameters. Nice headwork, too. Should be a real nice runner. I have done a couple of them, one with the SERT and one with the TCFI. The T-Max will be very nice with this also. The Powercommander has a bit of a problem with the high lift and short duration in some areas but can be made to work well on a 95. But just dropping in a map will leave you some to be desired. Get it tuned. Call Steve.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info he is going for now with a pc i could'nt find that map so i guess its a sert map... I went ahead and sent out the pc to him today he should get it monday he needs to get his bike out of the shop they have had it 5 weeks doing this build i'm 2500 miles from him so all i can do is give him the info you guy's gave me thanks again.. he was told the tmax woin't work with the pipes he's getting the v-h big radius...........the builder wanted to use a dfo..................

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SEDELUXE said:
in order to get the most out of his build he is going to have to get a good 2into1 pipe. Fat cat ,thunder header,pro pipe if hes going for sound then he will certinaly get it with those pipes but if he wants to get the most out of his build he should go with a better performance pipe. with a 95 in motor you want to try and optomize all the performance you can get out of her. When you go bigger in cubes you can get away with more with pipes but with a 95,98,103 you should be trying to get what ya paid for, Many times we see it where people spend a lot on a build only to be disappointed in the results because of pipe choice. do it once and do it right he will get used to the sound of a good pipe and the performance he will like.
I'll pass this info to him but i think the guy doing the bike has already ordered the big radius pipe...............

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Being that Dave is close to where I live, I've spent some time talking with him and been to his shop. We talked about exhaust -- it's one thing that really gets him going (a bad exhaust on one of his builds). He likes D&D Fatcat 2:1, Bassani, SuperTrapp SuperMeg, Thunder Header, and Pro Pipe (pretty much the order they came out his mouth)... AND a good tune. -2$en#e-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts