V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, and Barkeep, a round for the house! Dave here from Jersey. Long time rider, started in the dirt at age 10, hit the road at age 16. 37 now and haven't stopped riding since! Many bikes, many miles, and lots of stories later, decided to buy a Harley (always wanted one, but could never justify the cost). Bought an 02 Road King Classic, Real Teal, the bike to me that dreams are made of!!! Although I've only got 160 miles on it so far, I have to say that it was well worth the wait, I haven't come down off the clouds since I got it! What a bike! My only problem has been trying to get used to the blinkers...My RS had the usual (***) blinker switch on the left side of the bars, now I keep blowing the horn by mistake! I'm sure it won't take me long to get used to the blinkers, now if I could just stop this damn chrome sickness I've developed!!! Hope to see some of you out there on the road!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Dave,

Welcome aboard:D

Your RK sounds awesome! Post a pic if you have one, everybody here likes to look at scooters. I wouldn't worry 'bout tooting the horn, consider it added safety feature.

Thanks for the diet ckoe, next rounds on me.

wyo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave and congrats on the RK. Hope to see you post often. A real friendly group here you'll find. Thanks for the round. I think I'm due to buy the next one;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Mine would be a Molson Golden please! Welcome aboard. It's a balmy 47 degrees here today. Had the scoot out for a spin until my hands got cold. Taking the Bride out for her bithday and maybe some pole riding planned for later. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Welcome...

Hey there Jersey,

Whereabouts ya from in the Garden State? I've got Family down there and lived in New Brunswick for a while back in the mid '80s. I get to the Princeton area and frequent the rod and bike runs in Somerville and Freehold a couple times a season. Have you ever done the New Hope gig on Sundays. Kind of a cool town. Lots of Harleys and exotic cars.

Enjoy the forum!

Later

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey co-Jerseys! I'm from Flemington NJ, Just bought the two tone 03 RK Classic. Love it!!!! Been riding all kinds since 5 yrs old. 37 Years of riding under my belt, 15 of that on the road. Took a break but now back with a Harley. (I hate NJ Motor Vehicle Division ):mad:

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome Dave!! Thanks for sharing your intro. We've got quite a few New Jersians in this forum and alot of them love to go ride. As a matter of fact, they've got an eyeball meetin. So if your lookin for some riding buddies, this is the place to be. Keep us informed on your ride and ride safe,

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dave. Sounds like you've got it bad (good)!!! Chome, thank goodness for overtime!!!

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
check the date of the original post, guys....heehee

Is dave still here man?lol

Welcome aboard, gemini! I met some awesome board members while in NJ myself this year!

·
Registered
122 Posts
G'mornin' Dave,

Welcome and thx for the brewski. I'll slip it in the fridge til at least the upstroke of noon! ;)

The RK is a nice ride indeed. A neighbor mine has one that is way chromed out. Heritage Softail myself, and I try not to take sides in the never-ending debate about which is a better ride, cuz they are both incredible bikes.

Ah yes, you've picked up a case of PCL, Perpetual Chrome Lust! Not a lot you can do to treat it so it's best to just medicate the symptoms with a bi-weekly dose of triple plated billet.

Welcome and post us up a pic when you get a chance.

Ron
aka Wolfie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts