179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the dates for Sturgis?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
doggynelson said:
its always the first full week in august
It's the first full week after the first full Aug weekend. I know I've been there a week early, and run into people who thought they were there for the official start only to learn they were there a week early. This year is a good example. The first full week in Aug starts the 2nd, but because the preceding weekend has a July date on it, the rally starts the following week. It can be confusing sometimes.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
i ran in to a lot of folks who put in for there leave this year and put in for the wrong week. good thing they learned of the mistake this early so they could change it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ginger, I see you are the queen! What do you know of the Deermountain camp groud in Lead?

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
JBH said:
Ginger, I see you are the queen! What do you know of the Deermountain camp groud in Lead?

LOL-------well, far from the queen, but it sounded good....
i honestly don't know much at all about that campground. i haven't heard anyone talk about it, nor have i ever been there. wish i could help you out

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
you can see the front side at the pryamid aug 5th........;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
sorry i won't make into town till the evening of the 12th then blow out sunday for a 1200 mile non-stop ride back to the hills. i'll be around town. i'm the guy with the black harley.

·
Registered
130 Posts
catman-do said:
sorry i won't make into town till the evening of the 12th then blow out sunday for a 1200 mile non-stop ride back to the hills. i'll be around town. i'm the guy with the black harley.
The only black harley in town right....... :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
"Ginger, I see you are the queen! What do you know of the Deermountain camp groud in Lead?"

Ginger, If you don't mind me steppin' in, I stayed there in '02.

Nice campground. It just opened the week before bike week in '02. The ladies that were running it were just awsome! THey even did our road grime encrusted laundry for us while we rode the Hills, for a mere 4 bucks!!!!!!!
On the night of the big rain, they even drove to town and picked up a sleeping bag to give to my buddy, cause his was soaked. Talk about service!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's also located off the main highway about 1 mile back into the hills, so you don't hear the "thunder in the hills" all night. Altitude is gettin' up there, so bring some warm clothes and sleepin' rolls.
Cheerz!

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
thanks for stepping in. there are so many camp grounds around here anymore that i have no clue on alot of them, and some i have never heard of!!

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
How many months left? 8? :cool:

·
Banned
340 Posts
OK, maybe it's a little early... but what are the dates going to be for '05 and '06?
Probably won't make it this year, but it's never too early to start planning ahead.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you still rent a spot in town for a tent in peoples yards? I hate making reservations and have lucked out in the past getting a room or a campground spot but always figured I could fall back on a patch of grass in someones yard.Its been a few years so I was wondering if that was still an option?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
dheard,

That's still possible but there are plenty of campgrounds fairly close to Sturgis where you don't need a reservation. I've never had a reservation for the last 13 years and have had no trouble at all.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts