V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new night train softail and the dashboard (the plastic piece on the tank that holds the speedometer ignition switch, etc.) in the corners its appears theres paint missing on it at first i thought it was just wax but i had my detailer brush it and he said its paint missing.. im probably just gonna take it to the dealer and get it replaced, but before i do that i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a billet one thats black, or black chrome.. or something like that.. i wanna keep it black instead of chroming it all out.. thanks guys

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've seen it, too

My 2004 and 2006 train dashes had the same problem. I too thought it was wax and told my salesman to make sure the prep guy did NOT wax the new one. Was PO'd when I took delivery and had the white areas. They warrantied it, New one? Same problem. If you look at the chrome ones they have a problem with the casting and they are funky in the same spots. You could repaint it and it would still look f'd up.

I went the route of the custom HD chrome dash and blasted it and painted to match my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts