V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Danny Gray Speedcradle Solo seat for my 2011 RKC. The seat looks great and the fit is real good too. The quality seems to be very good. As for comfort, I've only put 50 or 60 miles on it so far [ rainy week ] but it seems to be fairly comfortable. Very firm but not hard. The ad for the seat claimed to move the rider down and forward 2". As it turns out, it made no difference at all over the stock seat, which was kind of an important factor for me. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. $253.00 Gold club price.

·
Registered
302 Posts
thanks for the report. I'm currently looking and researching for a solo with a backrest. I would like to get one that keeps me at the stock position, maybe down no more than one inch so I'll be looking right over the windshield better.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm looking at the solo's D. Grey has two solo's correct?

Post a picture of yours.
I think you're right about them having two seats. The "Buttcrack" which is flatter with no back support and the "Speedcradle" which I have. It's fairly comfortable but I wouldn't want to take any kind of trip on it.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I happen to have a Danny Gray Big Seat w/backrest and gel for sale. Rode it to Laughlin this spring didn't care for it and took it off. It is like new. I paid $600 and that was with a 25% discount. It is off of a '07 FLHX.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on solo seat

Well, now that I've had the seat for awhile and put some miles on it I can give my honest opinion about it.

As for comfort, not so much. The stock seat was more comfortable. The solo seat is very stiff. Probably would be fine for bar hopping, and I really like the way it looks but my old ass needs a bit more comfort.

As for the claims that it would lower me, not so much either. I actually think the stock seat got my feet closer to the ground. I might just do a little trimming of the sides on my stock seat so I can put my legs closer together and put it back on the bike until I can find a solo that's comfortable.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, good bye Danny Gray, hello my old friend stock seat. The Danny Gray solo seat was just killin my ass, so off it came and back in the box it went. When I put the stock seat back on the bike I realized that the solo seat was actually higher than the stock seat, and not lower as advertised. That's $250 I'll never see again. Anybody want to swap me for something? Like new, barely used. Such a deal:whistle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts