V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
tlewis said:
I'd like to see her win as well but this 2nd fell in her lap. She would have finished fourth if not for the two points leader stooges.
Forth ain't so bad either and smart is how you win races...ya only gotta lead one lap...

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I always think that the road courses seperate the men from the boys and girls.!! I watched the IRL practice at Mid Ohio this year and Danica had pretty good road racing instincts. Her times where right up there near the leaders. Running in traffic against experienced road racers could be a different story though. She had Formula Ford racing experience.

Sarah Fischer was another story. She was about 15 seconds off most of the day. She was letting off the gas about 150 ft before everyone else was and coasting way past the apex before getting on the gas again. She picked it up a little toward the end of the day but was still way slower than everyone else.

I doubt if I would even watch an IRL race if it wasn't for wanting to know how Danica does, or who is involved in a wreck with her.

They usually only start about 18 cars in a race except for the Indy 500 so when 4 or 5 of them are knocked out it looks pretty sparse out there.

Go to the IRL site and under COMMUNITY / TALK BACK read the comments.

ABout half want to see her fail and half like her it seems.

http://www.indycar.com/news/talkback-topic.php

·
Seasoned Wrench
509 Posts
I only have two words to say about Danica.....

SMOKIN HOTT

:brows:

·
Finally
839 Posts
As soon as she loses that it's not my fault attitude and grows up just a wee bit more I think she will do just fine. Of course she is going to have to prove herself because most of those guys in the IRL think she is just another wannabe. I hope she makes it

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I'm one that would like to she her win. She's a better than average driver, and certainly better than Fisher. She does have her moments when she's got her head up her a$$, but so does every driver in the league.

To me it's sad to see such a decline in American open wheel racing. Personally, I don't care for NASCAR - I got tired of watching D Earnhart's "winning tactics" by bumping and wrecking opponents until he got to the front of the line, and that "strategy" continues today. The last straw for me was the Robbie Gordon fiasco during the finish of the Montreal Busch race. One race suspension!! WTF! Should have been out of the season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts