V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just recieved this from a satisfied customer. dsv

My bike is an '02 FXSTBI (Night Train). Stock fuel injection with Reinhart Staggered exhaust (equal length), Forcewinder air filter on a D&M breather setup, Andrews 37G gear drive cams and Harley's SE Pro Super Tuner. >
> I went with your 98" cylinders with the CP pistons and your heads. I wanted a dependable daily driver/trip bike and hope this is it. I wish I knew a little more about the mechanical end of things as I might have opted for more cam. The builder said he'd have gone with .565 or so and a little longer duration, but with what I knew from cam charts and what I got from talking to you I opted for the 37G.
My FPT number is 100 or better from 2900 rpm to 4750 rpm with the peak at 3750 rpm and 109.9 FPT. HP numbers are over 90 from 4600 rpm to 5600 rpm the peak here being at 4950-5200 rpm and 93.2 HP. I've had a lot of trouble staying out of the throttle on it but was getting over 40 mpg. I made a conscious effort
this tank full to ride it a little more sanely. I only hit 100 once or
twice and didn't hit 5000 rpm too much and got 47.1 mpg.

Attachments

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
I won't address the numbers just the line.

I'm suprised the tq falls that quick and that low. When I built a 98" with the same cams it held longer and stayed higher with a 2-1 pipe. I would think with those pipes you would give up some low end and gain some on the top.

Chris

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I was thinking the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a softail that I just built to 95 ci, KB pistons, Dan Vance heads with a bigger intake valve, Andrews 26g cams and I also had Dan bore the throttle body to 46 mm. Dan Vance Racing is great to work with, he will answer all questions and does excellent work. My bike now has all the torque I need for two up riding and enough hp to scare me when I am by myself. If you want to build a motor checkout Dan's web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts