V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and am curious..How many of you are from the DFW area? Do you plan to ride this weekend in the big toy run between Dallas and Fort Worth? Supposed to be about 15,000 bikes from Dallas and about 10,000 from Fort Worth. Everyone meets in the middle (Arlington Convention Center) and I sure am looking forward to seeing that. Dallas departs "The West End" at 1pm. Fort Worth departs the same time but I can't remember from where. Anyway..hope to see you there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
35,000 RIDERS / $750,000 TOYS AND CASH

According to the Dallas Morning News, yesterday's "Big Texas Toy Run" produced over $700,000 in toys and cash from an estimated 30-35,000 riders from all over north Texas. I enjoyed the day and to my knowledge, there were no accidents or incidents at all. Lots of people, including small kids stood by their vehicles and waved at us as we rode by. People lined the walkways of every overpass and waved down at us as we rode under. Once we got to the Ballpark parking lot...wow..I've never seen anything like it. A sea of bikes is cool to look at. I will do it again. Not to mention all the kids that benefit from the goodies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts