V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting everyone;

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the upcoming Open Road Tour here in Dallas.

Looking at getting some 2-day passes for the wife and I; so of course went to the HOG website, which in turn links to the www.harley-davidson.ticketmaster.com website for ticket purchase.

There appears to be only 'general admission' as an option to purchase. Curious as to whether this means 'special HOG member' tickets are sold out, or are all tickets 'general admission'.

Reason for the confusion is the HOG website says "Mention your HOG number to receive exclusive access to the HOG Roadhouse area, as well as a limited edition Roadhouse pin"..... but once on the ticketmaster link, there is no mention of it or option for 'Roadhouse area access'.

Maybe this is just something you have access to once you get there, as a HOG member, WITH a general admin ticket? Or do I have to buy some type of special tickets?

Just want to make sure I get the most bang for the buck :)

Cheers,
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I recall I ordered tickets via the special HOG #. We received special tickets for admission to the "members only" HOG tents/events.

BUT beware! The price for the LA leg of the tour dropped dramatically just recently. $55 down to $35. You may want to wait till near the event and see if the ticket prices go down.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
dfwfatboy said:

There appears to be only 'general admission' as an option to purchase. Curious as to whether this means 'special HOG member' tickets are sold out, or are all tickets 'general admission'.

Reason for the confusion is the HOG website says "Mention your HOG number to receive exclusive access to the HOG Roadhouse area, as well as a limited edition Roadhouse pin"..... but once on the ticketmaster link, there is no mention of it or option for 'Roadhouse area access'.

Maybe this is just something you have access to once you get there, as a HOG member, WITH a general admin ticket? Or do I have to buy some type of special tickets?

dfwfatboy,

I went to the ORT in Baltimore.

If you present your national HOG card, they will verify that you are an active member, give you a Roadhouse pin. The same HOG card will get you access to the HOG roadhouse area (a large air-conditioned tent with tables and chairs.) In Baltimore, they had a local radio station doing a live broadcast. Saw Willie G, but didn't introduce myself. I think that beret he wears looks silly. VP of Styling my arse..VP of Gaiety is more like it.

Note: no one without a HOG card is admitted. If you bring your OL make sure she has her HOG card. You can purchase an associate membership on the spot ($20).

Lastly, unless your into hearing the bands on successive days, I'd say one day is enough. I found the ORT to bre interesting but not so interesting I'd need two days worth.

Just my $0.02

wyo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone heard who will entertain yet? Seems odd there has been no announcement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the 'tentative' lineup:

Saturday
===================
Joe D'Urso & Stone Caravan
Better Than Ezra
The Doobie Brothers
Johnny Lang
Aerosmith

Sunday
===================
Joe D'Urso & Stone Caravan
Boz Scaggs
Los Lobos
Stone Temple Pilots

Cheers,
Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.