V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer now suggests the D&D 2 into 1 pipes for the V-Rod. He said if you go to Stage 1 with the Power Commander 3, it takes the bike to 122HP and much improved sound. Has anyone heard similar stories or experience with D&D on the V-Rod???

·
Registered
477 Posts
A LOT BETTER LOOKING THAN THE SUPERTRAPP BUTT UGLY SLIPON.........
looks like this new D and D is a full new pipe system, note new rear cyl. head pipe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kaz.....This dealer didn't have any dyno printouts to show me. That's why I'm skeptical on the performance. I don't want to spend the money on pipes that nowbody is sure of. I'm not looking to drastically increase HP, but to gain some HP with much improved sound. I'm still running the stock pipes & stock slip-ons. I'm starting to loose patience.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
mweisz,
They all tell us what we want to hear but were's the proof?I was at a show and the owner of my old pipes company said they were getting 116+ with thier "Slasher's" my A$$! I tried every trick I could with those pipes and only made 104! They all try to blow smoke up our A$$$.Believe me and some of the other guy's that have played on the chassie dyno's it takes alot of time ,money and hard work to get 120+rwhp out of a stock V-rod!I'm not saying it hasn't been done,and those pipes look like a "Complete" System?Who knows?Were's the proof?
Kaz.............

·
Registered
182 Posts
D&D Slip-ons

I ran the D&D slip ons on mine this year - they claimed a 13 HP increase and even sent me dyno reports - but then I ran them at the drag strip and they did not deliver the major performance increase that was promised, after tuning I was able to get them in the same range as the SE1s - I use power commander with my set up - Ultimately I liked the vmod setup the best and I plan on selling the D&Ds. They were good pipes with decent sound but I prefer the VMods better from a style, performance and sound perspective - just my preference.
Kevin

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah, they all claim it. I guess what concerns me is I think back to the Birth Of The V-Rod show. A few things gave them a bit of a headache and one was the exhaust. Now, I am no mechanic, but Harley said the thing sucked in big air, hence it need to let it out (the reason for the moved gas tank). Im guessing the pipes are that big for that purpose, otherwise, theres a ton of ways they could have went that would have looked great. So, wouldnt any small pipe be restrictive to the motor?

P.S I just posted a mpg of the V-mod pipes in this thread as well as my first impressions: http://209.151.86.249/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=51588#post51588

Looking back, if I had started here, I would have saved 500 on the Screaming Eagles, 450 on the Supertrapps and 379 for the Power Commander, 149 for the Stage 1 download (twice) plus all the labor to change my mind. Instead it would have costed me 150 for the mod, 149 for the stage 1 and maybe 75 for labor. Im making sure I let people know about my experience with the pipes and hope this helps someone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts