V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2008 Ultra Classic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound stupid...but here goes..
How do I know if the pipe I have has the quiet baffle in it?
I ordered the quiet baffle, but there isn't any markings on the box to indicate which one I have.

I'm getting ready to install it and the baffle that is in there looks likea ventauri <sp>, you can see all the way through what looks to be about an 1 3/4' opening and the baffle itself is about 9" long.
Its in tight so I didn't want to take it out, but I can't tell if its wrapped or not.

can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell without removing the baffle?

Thanks
Denny

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
There is no way to tell without removing the baffle.

The standard baffle and the quiet baffle look identical when they are installed, both have the 1 3/4" flow thru baffle and are the same length.

The only difference is the outer can of the baffle, on the standard it is solid. On the quiet it is perferated with packing wrapped around it.

Steve

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
You should also be able to tell as soon as you ride it. The standard Fatcat is known to be loud. With the quiet baffle they sound docile at idle, but bark when accelerating hard. A great pipe!

Chris

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I just received my new FatCat with quiet baffle in the mail today. The label on the end of the box lists the name, model, year and part number of the exhaust. On the line where the year is, it is marked...07 and QB is written next to it. on the next line where the part number is, 39138 is highlighted in blue.
this is for a '07 RG. I bought it from M&M Cycle, $599.95 plus shipping. Total
$626.94.:thumbsup: Very fast shipping and a pleasant buying experience!
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts