V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone on this board running this 2:1 pipe?

I read this pipe took first place in CycleWorld's Exhaust Shootout, beating out Bassani, V&H, Hard Krome, Hooker and other big names.

I ordered one for my Fatboy but was looking for any first hand experience.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
246 Posts
buxndos said:
Is anyone on this board running this 2:1 pipe?

I read this pipe took first place in CycleWorld's Exhaust Shootout, beating out Bassani, V&H, Hard Krome, Hooker and other big names.

I ordered one for my Fatboy but was looking for any first hand experience.

Happy New Year
Was the ThunderHeader in there?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poseidon,

The TH was not one of the pipes tested, don't know why.

The FatCat pipe outperformed the Hard Krome Xcelerator in the shootout. The Xcelerator outperforms the TH according to test data on the HK website. For whatever that's worth I guess.

PS I see you are from WI, my family is from Watertown and Milwaukee...GO PACK!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know anybody running this pipe. I seen a pic of one a a deuce and it looked pretty good. It did perform well in the shootout, but that was a big bored bike. Do you think it would have the same horsepower increase with just a stage 1 kit. The downfall would be that it said its call the cops loud. They also said the finish was top notch and relatively easy to install.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the D & D Fat Cat 2 into 1 with a ghost pipe down the left side to keep the dual look installed on my 2002 RKC this week. I am going to pick it up this morning (waiting on the OL to get out of bed to give me a lift to the dealer). The dealer had this system installed on a few bikes. Seat of the pants performance was significantly improved over stock with just a Stage 1. They are loud - my only concern. I considered the Thunderheaders, also. I think the Fat Cats look a lot better. The Thunderheaders were not quite as load and had a little deeper sound. Just don't like the look.

I'll tell you more after I ride my own bike with the new setup.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slip - I talked to a guy with this pipe on a duece with a bone stock motor. His dyno run showed 73.3hp and 80tq. The real story was the torque curve. The bike made 70tq immediately, hit 80 at 2500 and stayed flat past 5000. He did say it was "pi$$ the neighbors off" loud. I've never heard of anyone getting pulled over for noise in our area.

If you want the dyno run to see for yourself I can pm it to you.

Markbrad - Please post your opinion - any info you can give on performance, looks and sound would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been to every dealer around my 200 mile area and no one has installed a set of these pipes. They claim that they're loud but only one other person has said that. If they are loud please give me something to compare them too. You might believe there loud by your standards. How do they compare to drag pipes or something like a samsom slasher. I would really like to get a set of these pipes because no one else, around my area has them and it would be something different. Pretty much everyone else I ride with has a thunderheader for a 2 into 1 system. I appreciatate all your opinions.:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slip - Right on.

I'm getting this pipe put on my 95" Fat Boy this month. I'll let you know what I think of it. I haven't seen this pipe on anything around here either and I'm excited to be different.

I'm not worried about loud either. I have Samson long slashers now. A 2-1 pipe is a lot different when you are on the bike. I rode a bike with a V&H Pro Pipe and all the sound is behind you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had the Fat Cat 2:1 on for a little over a week now. Work has not allowed me much ride time since they were installed. They are definitely much louder than stock. But, as buxndos says, the pipe length on my FLHRCI puts most of the sound out behind me. I beleive they have a shorter pipe to be used on non-bagger bikes. I'm really pretty conservative and don't find the volume to be overwhelming. The note is good. It may not be as deep as some others. More of a tenor than a bass. It really hammers when you roll the throttle hard. It is not have the 'crack' I've heard with some others. I like the Fat Cat sound better. I've promised to post some pics. A buddy borrowed my digital camera for a project last week. Maybe I'll get it back this week. I don't understand the out-of-stock issue. I took my bike in one afternnon with no notice and it was ready the next afternoon. I know the company is located here in Fort Worth. But, still, available is available. I have experienced some gurgling - almost popping on deceleration. I had a stage one done when the pipes were installed. I may need some additional tuning. It seems the idle is faster than it used to be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Markbrad the out of stock is not an issue, or at least I think it isn't. I just ment that no dealer in my area that I have been to has installed a fatcat pipe. When you had your stage 1 and pipe installed did you have the remap done. I was wondering because you said you might need some more tuning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fatcat

I have a D&D Fatcat on my 01 EFI FB(S&S 106 Stroker) I love the pipe. It has been on for about a year. I dont think it's loud, but my buddies that ride beside me do. I eas easy to put on, and the finish is just great. When then bike was stock, I noticed a big difference in performance over the D&D 2/2.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buxndos did you get your pipe put on yet? If so I was wondering how you like it. Stopped at my dealer and they said they could order on in Feb. because there distributor they get the pipe from doesn't have them yet. $666.00 for the pipe and stage 1 kit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No. I'm told it was on backorder until last Monday.

My motor is at Short Block Charlie's shop anyway. I'm expecting them both to get here around the same time, end of next week.

I will definitely post an opinion when I get it installed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FatCat Installed

slip i got the pipe on finally. I got it for $460 through wallyscycleworld.com.

the pipe sounds good, not as loud as what I was expecting at idle. I haven't ridden the bike much as the weather here sucks and my first real ride will be the initial break-in of the BB, cams and SBC heads. I don't have any info to what it sounds like at speed.

I did give it a little blip in the parking lot in second gear and it broke the back tire loose so I guess that's a good sign.

Let me know if you have any questions about the pipe.

I have some pics but they are too big for this post. Maybe the photo gallery will post them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Re: FatCat Installed

buxndos said:
slip i got the pipe on finally. I got it for $460 through wallyscycleworld.com.

the pipe sounds good, not as loud as what I was expecting at idle. I haven't ridden the bike much as the weather here sucks and my first real ride will be the initial break-in of the BB, cams and SBC heads. I don't have any info to what it sounds like at speed.

I did give it a little blip in the parking lot in second gear and it broke the back tire loose so I guess that's a good sign.

Let me know if you have any questions about the pipe.

I have some pics but they are too big for this post. Maybe the photo gallery will post them.
Did you post them in gallery>?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried but the images are too big. Still trying to figure out the new camera.

If you want I can email you a pic directly.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts