V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very shortly I plan to bore my 88" to 95". I would like to use my cylinders and have them bored. The problem is I can't find anyone local who will do the job cost effectively. The only shop around who will do it charges $150 per cylinder.

So, does anyone know of a place I can ship these to that will bore them for me and not charge an arm and a leg?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Cadiero said:
Very shortly I plan to bore my 88" to 95". I would like to use my cylinders and have them bored. The problem is I can't find anyone local who will do the job cost effectively. The only shop around who will do it charges $150 per cylinder.

So, does anyone know of a place I can ship these to that will bore them for me and not charge an arm and a leg?
www.bishopsperformance.com Think he charges $130 to do the two of them.

Part of the Way

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Big Boyz does them for $130 also, but you should be able to find someone closer. Just make sure they use torque plates.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
I found a couple of places local that would do it for about $40 a cylinder with the torque plates but I sent mine to Big Boyz since they're doing my heads. I won the heads and cylinders off of eBay and had them sent directly to Big Boyz to save on postage.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still looking for local people. Most everbody I call says they will only do it if I am putting oversized pistons in. They won't cut it out for the larger 95" pistons. Like I said the only place that would wanted $130-$150 per cylinder.

But thanks for the refrences, this sounds like a way better deal!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It depends in what part of the country you are.
I ship mine to TX because it is close, either AMS or Port Pro's.
AMS stocks KB pistons so it's a one stop deal for me.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
There is little doubt that if you look around and ask other Harley owners in your area they will know someone who does it. After reading the prices posted.....feel good. Both mine bored using torque plates and honed for my pistons...$50 total.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
A local shop that does autos says can do it for $45 a cylinder. Asked me to let him quote pistons too. Says he did one before. I didn't ask about a torque plate. What is it?

·
Banned
249 Posts
berserker said:
A local shop that does autos says can do it for $45 a cylinder. Asked me to let him quote pistons too. Says he did one before. I didn't ask about a torque plate. What is it?
plates bolted to the top and bottom of the cylinder to put them under the same stress as if they where installed...did you call dudees auto in s milw?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
No, was I supposed too? Sometimes I drink when I am on here.....
Called SPR in Port. I had a stripped plug and they put a Heli coil in. Was $25 for the die, and none of the auto stores carried them. He did it for $25.

If dudees does bikes maybe will give them a call.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could get brand new SE 95" cylinders from Zanottis for $236. Better then
$150 per cylinder to bore them. They are properly bored to 3.875" in tq. plates, no taper, with a very nice hone. You could dump the old ones for
$50, so now your looking at $186 PS. Good deal, and you need not worry
about a shop you don't know about.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I think better off going to good machine shop boaring and matching pistons to cylinders. Though could still match pistons to new 95", probably even better. New liners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts