V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question: would the cylinder head oil return holes already be enlarged as discussed here on other posts. wasnt this a tsb? i do have the oil coming out of breathers on my k&n air cleaner. i know it was also said oil temps could be causing it which should be corrected during my mods underway right now. any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re

Try the S&S breather reed valve bhind your oil pump to better control breathing. If money is no object and you want some shiny rocker boxes, then the TP Engineering rocker boxes are a good replacement as they better seperate the oil from the air before it's routed to your air cleaner.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
bobsvic said:
question: would the cylinder head oil return holes already be enlarged as discussed here on other posts. wasnt this a tsb? i do have the oil coming out of breathers on my k&n air cleaner. i know it was also said oil temps could be causing it which should be corrected during my mods underway right now. any thoughts appreciated.
IMHO opinion, i think it may just be your air cleaner assembly. You have the RK3909 setup on you bike? If so, their breather routing sytem is not the greatest IMO...Might be as simple as swapping to a S/E style kit. That depends on how much comes out and if you motor is built or not as well..

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys, yeah, i got the 3909 but after completing work if it still does it im gonna change. not talking a ton of oil but tired of watching it build in the lifter valley.

·
Registered
675 Posts
PHDS said:
Try the S&S breather reed valve bhind your oil pump to better control breathing. If money is no object and you want some shiny rocker boxes, then the TP Engineering rocker boxes are a good replacement as they better seperate the oil from the air before it's routed to your air cleaner.
I've got TP Engineering rocker boxes, the S&S Reed valve, Harley's new oil pump (properly aligned and working well) + a large check valve on the breather output (hoses are routed to the ground) and still have a minor oil blow-by problem. When I built up the engine to a long stroke 103 the problem surfaced and I tried everything to get rid of it unsuccessfully. I just live with the problem now. .. Maybe R&R will produce their new cam plate with crankcase breather system in an 07' chain drive configuration someday. I would purchase it just to correct my blow by issue.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Get rid of the S&S breather valve , I would bet your issue will be gone. We are not a fan of the S&S breather. They tend to create more pressure in the crank case until you over come the stiff reed system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts