V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I'm considering picking up a pair of Cycle Shack slip-ons for my '02 FXD. I've been told that for some reason my stock heat sheilds don't extend far back enough to cover the inlet portion of these mufflers and the ring clamp alone won't be enough to cover the unsightly gap. Anyone heard of or saw this before?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I have the cycle shack slip ons. There does seem to be a gap of 2 inches where the OEM heat Shields end, the thin part of the slip on muffler begins before it widens. It doesnt look out of place but it may look better if the shield went all the way to where the thick part of the slip on is to cover up that 2" gap. Great pipes though. Sound is great, and you can mess with the baffles (Drilling holes or bending the diverter lip to get more sound and change your power band a bit.)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts

·
Even my cologne is chrome
87 Posts
60 Grit said:
...I'm considering picking up a pair of Cycle Shack slip-ons for my '02 FXD. I've been told that for some reason my stock heat sheilds don't extend far back enough to cover the inlet portion of these mufflers and the ring clamp alone won't be enough to cover the unsightly gap. Anyone heard of or saw this before?
60 Grit, I thought I was going to be in the same situation with my Hard Krome slip-on install (see other thread) and called Hard Krome to see if I was missing a piece of heat shield to replace the stock one I removed. nope.

anyway, I checked to see if stock universal heat shields exsited to replace both pieces for the front pipe and didn't find anything. but there has to be something somewhere.

good luck.

MFB

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Did anyone try to call cycle shack? In the heat shields section they say they have full length heat shields. maybe these are longer than the stock heat shields we use with the slip ons. I am going to give them a call tomorrow. i will let you know what they say. I think they are under $50 for the pair thru Jireh cycles.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Called cycle shack and their heat shields only fit their full exhaust. Not stock headers with their slip ons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts