V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have '97 FLHRI with Python 3.5" slip-ons that I'd like to replace with fish tails. I've read good things performance-wise about the Cycle Shacks but know little about the HD Touring. Both have replaceable end caps, of course.

I'm looking for pipes that are little or no louder than the Pythons with a nice deep rumble. I'm leaning toward the Cycle Shacks because the HDs may be a little to "polite" but don't know what to expect volume-wise from the 'Shacks.

Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of each?

Tom

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
the ceramic lined ones

tweedy said:
Hi folks,

I have '97 FLHRI with Python 3.5" slip-ons that I'd like to replace with fish tails. I've read good things performance-wise about the Cycle Shacks but know little about the HD Touring. Both have replaceable end caps, of course.

I'm looking for pipes that are little or no louder than the Pythons with a nice deep rumble. I'm leaning toward the Cycle Shacks because the HDs may be a little to "polite" but don't know what to expect volume-wise from the 'Shacks.

Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of each?

Tom
'shacks are loud,you want deep,go with khromewerks-don't know if they got fishtail tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.