V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seem,s i just got ripped off for the first time on the web. I ordered a set of brakes from cyclecustomizing on 1/28. I have emailed and called numerous times and have had no response from them. Also their website is down.
What really irks me is they were or are a sponsor so i trusted them. All the time we are told to take care of the sponsors and this happens. If the forum is having problems with a sponsor why don't they let us know?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ya I had problems with them too, delays. I think Dave took them down a few months ago though.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
First off, what a bummer. Get your charge card company on the phone and initiate a dispute for merchandise never received. It is an automatic credit back to your account... no worries.

Second, the sponsors are all listed in plain view in the border of each window in the VTF. I haven't seen CycleCustomizing in a long time.

Thanks for putting up the warning... I'll steer clear.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8-Ball said:
First off, what a bummer. Get your charge card company on the phone and initiate a dispute for merchandise never received. It is an automatic credit back to your account... no worries.

Second, the sponsors are all listed in plain view in the border of each window in the VTF. I haven't seen CycleCustomizing in a long time.

Thanks for putting up the warning... I'll steer clear.
Thanks a lot for your help i'll be going to the bank this morning to see what i can do. I was reading about brakes a couple of months ago and heard that they were a sponsor and had great prices so i put them in my favorites spot on aol.

·
05 FLHTCI
345 Posts
Credit Cards

If you did not pay with a credit card, you will have problems getting your money back. I can't think of a situation, other than someone forging you signature or stealing a check where a bank would reimburse.

Credit cards have some protection, quite a lot if you are working with a reputable CC company. I just call them and dispute the charge. If it is really a situation where someone got my number, then the card is canceled.

Good luck to you.

David

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
BaggerDave said:
If you did not pay with a credit card, you will have problems getting your money back. I can't think of a situation, other than someone forging you signature or stealing a check where a bank would reimburse.

Credit cards have some protection, quite a lot if you are working with a reputable CC company. I just call them and dispute the charge. If it is really a situation where someone got my number, then the card is canceled.

Good luck to you.

David
Yup. Credit cards have great protection by federal law and, usually, issuer policy.....debit cards don't. I've never paid a cent in a disputed purchase when using a credit card. I'd, personally, never use a debit card (little protection, no benefits).

T113

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
I ordered pads from Cyclecustomizing in October. I did get em but it took them two weeks to process the order and get them out the door.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bigguy39 said:
I ordered pads from Cyclecustomizing in October. I did get em but it took them two weeks to process the order and get them out the door.
I wouldn't mind if i called them and they said my order may take a little longer for some reason. But at least answer my emails or return my phone messages.
I used a bank debit visa card, they said that i will be reinbursed in 10 days after they check it out.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You may also want to call the State Attorney General's office for the state in which they operate their business in. I had a similar issue many years back with a business that I ordered some car parts from and they never delivered. After many un returned telephone messages and a certified letter demanding either the parts or the return of my funds, I followed the aboveadvice. I don't exactly know how it worked, but after I did it, the owner was frantically trying to reach me to make things right (I had him return the funds).

In this day and age of non-existant customer service, I don't know if it will get you very far but I would give it a shot. God I hate thieves and dead beats! Good luck with your quest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.