V-Twin Forum banner

Cvo 110"

14K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  skyhook 
#1 ·
Produces 115 tq at the crank. Any guess what it will produce at the rear wheel? Thanks.

#11 ·
Unfortunately, You are not alone! Check your crank run out.

#10 ·
If I had to guess I would say about 100@ the rear wheel.Maybe a little more!!!! This is of corse bone stock!!!!!

#15 ·
Sorry to say some of these numbers are a little off. Stock 110 puts out 78hp, 91ft/lbs torque at the wheel ( 115 at the crank). With a standard super tuner canned map and stage 1 (depending on exhaust) about 87 hp and 104 torque at the wheel. Now add Dyno and 91-95 hp, 111-115 torque. Need to split the case for anything more.

#16 ·
huh?...add cams, headwork, throttle body, injectors, exhaust and 125hp is VERY possible...that is with the right kit...it could be done with screamin' eagle parts if you know which ones to pick...110" is a big motor, there's nothing wrong with it once you get rid of the tree-hugger engineering

I do agree with your stage 1 and dyno tuned numbers, just not with the "split cases for anything more"

#40 ·
Just completed a 110" with Wood 8 cams, our heads, Rhinehart 2/1, 55 HPI.
We CANNOT tune EFI here. Carbs only. We spooled it up, and clicked off 115.1 hp and 119.8 ft/lbs, totally untuned!! (it is going to the tuner after 5th of January.)
I would expect a 10% increase, just as we would see, if in fact it was a carbed build.
Scott

#17 ·
My .02!!!!$hit you better off building your own 110ci with custom parts instead of buying a 110ci for all that money!!! I think you could build a 110 with better numbers & save some money!!! I'm just saying!!!!!

#18 ·
Subscribed, with interest, as I have a CVO RG on its way. I'm thinking Dark Horse the crank, cams, head work, exhaust, and tune. Looking for 120/120 and I'd be happy. Realistic?

And yeah, I know, as long as I'm doing the crank may as well do this and that. But I'm trying to draw the line somewhere.

#20 ·
You should be able to get that very easily@gree:

#19 ·
I believe mr mackie can meet your goals...or any builder worth his salt

arealinvestor: absolutely you're right...reason I bought an se bike was 'cause I could put the cost of the build in the loan, and also unload my old bike...this is without a dime out of pocket up front....I know it makes horrible sense in the long run, but I don't regret it...this is the best bike I've ever owned!

#22 ·
and to futher justify: for the extra $14k, on the dyna you get a bang-up security system, custom paint, the ignition switch is on the dash where it's supposed to be, a lotta chrome(which ain't s**t to me, but most yuppies seem to like it), upgraded suspension, cool upside-down front end, juice clutch, nicer seat, oh and i almost forgot, 14 CUBIC INCHES!!!!

#32 ·
115 tq is not uncommon...115 hp is a lot harder to get on these new 6 speed bikes...the heads will require considerable work...most of the top head porters do not like the cvo 110 heads, so I replaced mine with ported 96" heads, including 1.94/1.63 valves and high velocity ports...and the 96" heads have more of the important squish area

not saying everyone needs to do this, just pointing out the limitations of the stock 110 heads

#35 ·
It's The Cams

don't the CVO bikes come with the SE255 cams ?? from what i understand thats why the low HP #s , but high TQ #s under 4K. GREAT FOR TOURING. it's how the cam works in any engine ( set up right ).check out dyno sections on forums. thats why i'm changing to them myself on my 103, but keeping the CR down at 9.6:1. BIG HP does me no good @ 5500, if i'm never over 4000. i would rather have a ton of TQ where i'm riding and shifting at. i think i'm going to be pleasantly surprised when it's all together and tuned, for my purposes. i don't know how they run those on the CVO's at 10.0:1 CR with the 25* intake close and not have a tuning problem, or a PING monster. i'm not a CVO guy , hope you all don't mind me chiming in. JMHO

#36 ·
don't the CVO bikes come with the SE255 cams ?? from what i understand thats why the low HP #s , but high TQ #s under 4K. GREAT FOR TOURING. it's how the cam works in any engine ( set up right ).check out dyno sections on forums. thats why i'm changing to them myself on my 103, but keeping the CR down at 9.6:1. BIG HP does me no good @ 5500, if i'm never over 4000. i would rather have a ton of TQ where i'm riding and shifting at. i think i'm going to be pleasantly surprised when it's all together and tuned, for my purposes. i don't know how they run those on the CVO's at 10.0:1 CR with the 25* intake close and not have a tuning problem, or a PING monster. i'm not a CVO guy , hope you all don't mind me chiming in. JMHO
The SE 255 with the 25 intake close quit way to early!!! You will be lucky if the cam pulls past 4500 rpm;But if thats your preference then go for it.You better hope your in the right gear when out in highway traffic & you need to suddenly accerlerate.

#37 · (Edited)
Yes , they do quit pretty early, thanks, but i've been riding for many years, if i need over 4500 RPM with 103 ci. to get up to speed in any gear with all the TQ under 4.5K, I better put my wife on the front and me on the back just hangin on behind her. :spank: :hystria: i'm lookin forward to the good results, for touring.

#41 ·
Splitting the case...i.e. internal engine work...i.e. cams!

The SERG with the stage 1 performed and Dyno is a torque monster! Torque over HP anytime.

Now with the new V & H exhaust you might be able to get a couple more HP and torque over my numbers but I would safely bet no more than 95 hp and 115 ft/lbs at the wheel. The torque values are nothing to sneeze at.
Of coarse go with new, cam, lifters, heads, pistons.... and you will truly have a Screamin Eagle!!!!! Don't understand it though, if you need that much then go get a Hayabusa (sp).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.