V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 42 Posts

· <><
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
115hp and 115tq...see my sig for build details...great bikes when the epa crap is removed

Looks like you did a little more than remove the smog crap.

· <><
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Subscribed, with interest, as I have a CVO RG on its way. I'm thinking Dark Horse the crank, cams, head work, exhaust, and tune. Looking for 120/120 and I'd be happy. Realistic?

And yeah, I know, as long as I'm doing the crank may as well do this and that. But I'm trying to draw the line somewhere.

· <><
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So you decided to go ahead and get the CVO RG.

What color you going with?

I am die for mid Feb to get here when I get my Silver one.

I am thinking I can get to 115 tq with just air cleaner, pipes and tuner. Then I will leave it like that for a year or two.
We'll have to compare notes along the way. Silver, like yours. It's due end of this month. If I can get to 115 tq with pipes, tune, and a/c, I'd be :clap:

· <><
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
115 isn't too unrealistic.

My dad bought an '08 Softail Springer. Did the pipes, a/c and SERT. He had it dyno tuned and it resulted in 85hp and 114tq. He had the dealer do all of it before he took delivery.
Why the low hp #'s on this motor (stock & built)?

· <><
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
its da stock cams. they fall on their face before the motor can hold that tq long enough for the dyno software to call it HP.
That seems an easy enough fix. Cams, air, pipes, tune = 115+ hp/tq?

· <><
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
115 tq is not uncommon...115 hp is a lot harder to get on these new 6 speed bikes...the heads will require considerable work...most of the top head porters do not like the cvo 110 heads, so I replaced mine with ported 96" heads, including 1.94/1.63 valves and high velocity ports...and the 96" heads have more of the important squish area

not saying everyone needs to do this, just pointing out the limitations of the stock 110 heads

That explains the chronic low hp#'s for these engines. Thanks.

And you're turning out.....?

1 - 8 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.