V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a CV carb on my 83 FXR. That's the easy part. Now to attach the throttle cables, mount the choke, and find an air cleaner. I think the stock throttle cables will work with modification. I need to cut the covering back a bit. Any hints on how to do that? The choke cable doesn't seem to want to go to the stock mounting bracket. I'll need to put a bracket to the rear of the motor mount instead of in front but it will interfere with the fuel line there. I intended to put the ham can back on but that doesn't look like it will work on a CV. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
I can't believe you didn't put this in thr FXR section. Where it belongs. I'm so disappointed in you.

Wish I could help. See if you can get Lassie to bring Springer back to the well for you.

joe

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a problem specific post moved from FXR to its proper place awhile back. I thought if it was FXR related we could post it there, I guess not. I posted about a Harley documentary in the general Harley talk section and it got moved to off topic. So I'm just going with the flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts