V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 02 FXDWG back together, cyclerama heads, cyclerama cam, basically their 100/100 kit..SE air cleaner, D&D dual exhausts. I installed a new SE cv44 with stock jetting. Went with the cv44 to maintain stock appearance.
The thing pulls like a mule now, torque seems ungodly 2200 to 4500 rpm. Gets air in 2nd gear at 3500 rpm. But upon checking a/f ratios it is very rich, even at 40 degrees outside temp. Of course cooler it gets the better it runs. Here is what the meter says.

Full throttle 3500 up 10.2 to 1 (plugs soot up, but clean up after riding)
7/8 throttle 3500 up 11.5 to 1
3/4 throttle 3500 up 13.5 to 1 not bad

Cruise is slightly lean 2500-3500 14.5 to 1

off idle and up to 1/2 to 3/4 throttle is good 13.5 to 1 (a little fat but no spark knock)

Jetting is stock
Main jet 220
needle is "L"
idle jet 48 with 2-2/1 turns out....

I have a SE tuners kit and thought about going to 210 main to try to get full throttle A/F back to normal, with a "K" needle to richen up the cruise, possibly some shims under the "K" needle, since it is the richest needle in the kit.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Bill

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
K is the leanest, they run K, L, M, N. N being the richest. Leave the stock needle in it and roll your main back to a 205 or 210 for the cold weather.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I run the "M" needle and dropped the main from 220 to 210.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

Thats what I did, 210 and "M" needle...I figure that should take care of the lean cruise and WOT problems..Saw a chart somewhere that said that the K needle was the richest, got to checking and saw that you were correct..N needle is the richest...Brain fart.. Anyway its raining in north Ga.. And too cold to ride, so I'll test drive later..

With such a light build, do you think I should install the lighter slide spring???

And what is your opinion on the cv40 vs. the cv44 for my particular build..since I am going for a sleeper with gobs of torque and am not worried about running 130 mph. (I am 56 years young,just need a little something to put the squids in their place)

Lean mixtures scare me to death,,,Burned up the back pipe on my 07 ultra classic with less than 2000 miles...Harley just laughed. Wrong type of fuel..

The back pipe looked like a beer can that laid in the campfire all night, I have some good photos of burned pipe, and so does HD motor co..... Daytona Twin tec TCFI 2d and Vance and Hines bagger duals later..Its a completely different bike..

Thanks again,
Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
help need some i have a 2001 heritage softail twin cam with a 2005 motor that was build my a nother guy i bot it from him it has T MAN big bore kit and TMAN ported headsand cams i did not get the build sheet with it so i don't if its a 88inch or a 95 inch i was told it was a 103 and 107 call TMAN gave them the number off the heads but was built in 2015 and they don't have the files on it anymore am putting a 44 mm cv keikin what jet size should start with and needle i put 48 slow jet in and a 195 main am i close on what do i need to do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts