V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with maiking modifiactions to H.D. seats ?

I like the Sundowner seat with Black studs, but need it a bit lower. I was wondering if there is any company that can do that, maybe scoop the foam lower or lower it with gel. Even taper the front. I would appreciate any help. being only 5'8" Road king little high. I dont like the Corbin seat and the H.D. reach seat brings my Gut on the tank.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
look for a custom saddle/seat maker. Im sure he can slice and dice your seat no problem. Or, let some air out of the tires.:duh?:

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
ctjoe said:

I like the Sundowner seat with Black studs, but need it a bit lower. I was wondering if there is any company that can do that, maybe scoop the foam lower or lower it with gel. Even taper the front. I would appreciate any help. being only 5'8" Road king little high. I dont like the Corbin seat and the H.D. reach seat brings my Gut on the tank.
Check these guys out--->http://www.chilhowee.net/
They do great work, and they are great to deal with.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
a lot of automotive interior or boat shops may do the job also. check around, get some past customer experiences if available. i am going in the same direction. i hate the stock 90 fxrs pillow cushion seat, ugliest damn thing next to that hdlight brow.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Do it yourself, it's not difficult.

You need an electric or pneumatic staple gun, an electric carving knife and a razor knife. I removed the cover and re-shaped the foam on my 06 Deluxe seat. I was still not happy with the "fit". I since got a Heritage seat on EBay for $100. I installed it yesterday and it is close to perfect.

·
Registered
755 Posts
ctjoe said:

some seats you could do-it-yourself. not so sure about the sundowner. i think the top of the sundowner is glued to the foam. that's how they get the smooth surface that makes you slip forward each time you stop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Custom seats in CT

Check these two guys out. I had Barrett redo my Bare Bones seat with custom leather. It came out real good.

He is in East Haddam

http://www.barrettdesigns.net

Also check this guy out he's from Oakville. He did a few seats for my buddys and they also came out great.

http://www.kalinmotorcycleseats.com

You won't be dissapointed either way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts