Votes: 4 22.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show you all the trick handlebar & control set up for vrod owners. We just completed this build up and we wanted some vrod owners opinions! You have total control - kill switch, start, left/right signals/ high/low beam detint switch in left grip, horn - the fluid reservoirs are UNDER the Grips - ALL INTERNAL : Complete Control. A clean set up that we feel compliments the bike! Let us know what you think?!?

STOP YOUR ADVERTISING OR YOU WILL BE BANNED!

·
Registered
149 Posts
OK, great set up, but who makes the awesome mirrors?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks. I really like the idea of hiding the wires and cables. How much for the setup?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we haven't decided on the retail yet - we are trying to get the system so ALL of the wiring harness connections are pre-pinned in the multi-pin connectors - that way - you'll unplug the old set up and plug in the new one - only having to interface the clutch,brake and throttle - which will all be pre measured and "cut to length". We can do it on the V-ROD system becuase the system is bike specific. this will make for an install unmatched in the industry - not to mention a product that is unmatched!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great, but how are the bars bent? Are they like factory or drag bars? I was thinking about getting a set of Harley drag bars, but would rather wait now as I'd rather have the cleaner look.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we bent our 1.25" bars a bit wider and a bit "flatter" (drag like) than the stock bars. ours feel right as far as hand positioning and look even better! the stock bars and the Harley "drag" bars are so similar in demesion it's hardly worth it! we wanted to maintain the stock cowl and gauge with as little modification as possible! we could modify the bend on the cross bar and make a set that "looks" more drag like - just not sure how they would ride. What do You think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
custom to stock comparison

check the comparison of the stock set up and Climax Cycle's set up. All the hoses, wires and throttle cables are in the system. THE RESERVOIRS are INTERNAL - no more "lunch boxes" hangin' off the front and no more silly string hangin from your levers and throttle assembly.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
ak47, where did you move the brake and hydraulic clutch reservoirs to?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reservoirs location and switches

djw - the fluid reservoirs are located under the grips and the fill points are on top of each switch housing. the swich housing, from where it meets the bar to the "butt" end of the grip is all one piece. the fluid distrobution is milled in the switch housing. the switch housings are all 6061 Billet construction. the design of this sytem was a "start from scratch" approach. It is not a Frankenstien aftermarket throw together. We build everything - right down to the components of the switches. We bend the bars, it's all Exclusive Climax Cycle!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Damn that looks sweet!!! I would definitely consider it for my bike...question is how much?

How do I get it done to my bike?\

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IronButt - you can install the system yourself. I don't want to post sales and pricing info with repect to The Forum and it's spam rules. we are just finishing the "details" of the system and wanted VROD OWNER's opinions. for the other info you need - please e-mail me via this thread - i'll promptly respond! glad you like them - spread the news. we are considering different bar styles Thanks to this forum and its Member's input! thanks - keep responding, pass along the info!!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ak47,
That project looks a little beyond what i could do, especially the hydraulic stuff and bending the handlebars.

How about a link? I don't think anyone here would accuse you of spam since we are asking for the info. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
he already posted a link

I looked into them for bars on my Fatboy. Great looking product, but they don't come cheap (not saying their not worth it, just saying they were out of my budget).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW - thanks for all the great dialog everybody - great ideas and reccomendations! Thank You. Keep it going!!

QuickSilver:
The run/stop switch is on "top" of the right switch housing. if you look at the close up pic of the switch housing you can see it under the "ft" in the words "left signal". Adding another switch would be a total rework - the room left over in the "housing" is next to none and might not work because of that. If you did a gauge housing with the set up, we could make a spot for a switch(es), we're getting into the "custom" realm though.

SnoopHog:
As far as grips - you can use "almost" any aftermarket grip! I have HD grips on mine.

IRONBUTT:
What I wanted to say was - you could do the install of the system yourself if you wanted. Especially with the VROD. We are trying to make it almost a "bolt on" set up. The connectors and hoses will be in place and "cut to length", even the throttle cables, since it is a bike specific set up.

LOOKING FORWARD TO FUTURE REPLIES - THANKS AGAIN. AK

appreciate the spam info and your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The mirrors are 3D mirrors thru euro components, the seat is custom, the handlebars and control system is Climax Cycle Control Systems. You can check out earlier in the thread for better pics of the Climax Cycle system, close ups & different angles. Glad you like the bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.