V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I write from Germany and have my V-ROD since may this year. I love that bike for the performance and looks, other traditional Harley riders here in Germany still have problems with the bike, say it is no Harley but a double price japanese bike. They will need some time to find out ... !

I have about 800 miles now, weather here in the north of Germany is not really bike-friendly. Summer is still to come ...

I was at a custom workshop near by today (www.lottermanns-bikes.de)
They will make some nice modifications to my V-ROD we discussed today:
Metzeler 240/50/18" rear wheel with special fender desing and rear light.
Front wheel 130/18", all brake discs in same design as the wheels. The front turn light will go to the handle bars end togheter with some chrome grips. The seat we will make a very comfortable solo seat (with spring in it that will be adjusted to the drivers weight, fantastic) and back seat for my lady that can be sticked to the bike only when needed. NO Screws !
Still thinking about the Supertrapp they offer (108 hp and 100 phon without chip calibration, with cc and air filter should go to 130 hp).
I do prefer the original design, but he says he will mount the Supertrapp and I can test it, he will take back, if I don´t like it. It one piece stainless steel pipes that are of high quality and can be adjusted in sound with a small wrench at the end.

I will try to put some pictures to the photo area if I will find out, how that works.

It´s a great forum here, found out lot´s of interesting things about my bike.

Nice ride & stay safe
Holli:D :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
HEY HOLLI !!!!!!

welcome------its good to have input from the other side of the puddle------and thanks for the pics-----

looking forward to your post on yours , and other V-rods---------

Hey, that thing about the seat with springs------keep us updated on that puppy

Hutch in Ohio

·
Registered
134 Posts
Holli,
Those wheels will look great. Also would like to see more pics as the project goes on. It sounds like you guys have some great ideas. Did you happen to check out the Rod that Bob Mckay is working up in the July V-Twin mag? Good luck!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet wheels. When I asked about louder exhaust for my V-ROD, THE HD service tech at the dealership told me not to do anything yet. He said they just got a bulletin from HD stating there has been a lot of reports about burned pistons due to aftermarket pipes and people knocking baffles out of the stock pipes. He said doing either of these will void the warranty. Be careful.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Custom seats

Hey Hutch (and other´s interested, of course!)

thanks for your interest in my custom plans. Regarding seat with springs I took some pictures from the catalogue to give you an idea. They can make a complete new seat or take the original one and just modify it, have a look at the picture. The one he has on his own bike is really comfortable... Tomorrow I will go to another dealer, they have a really wild custom V-ROD with 250 rear wheel, 180 front wheel, painted black and with Supertrapp exhaust. Hope I can hear it. I will make digital film of it, if everything works fine I can send by e-mail.

Greetings from germany
Holli

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wheels (2nd try)

Hi again,

I hit the wrong button, sorry ... :rolleyes:

The wheels come from a company and are availabe for 200 mm and 240 mm rear tyre. The 200 mm will fit originally into the V-ROD, the 240 mm needs modifications of the belt and a new designed rear fender. I will check total details for 240 mm with the lottermans on friday, will keep you informed. They look fantastic ...!

Price for the wheels are about 1.600 US$ each (front and rear) + tyres.

Check out the site [URL]http://ricks-motorcycles.de
they offer wheels for V-ROD and you can choose english language. They have dealer in USA, check "contact".

Tomorrow I will visit a dealer who has a custom V-ROD, black and totally customized (15.000 US$), 250 mm rear and 180 mm front tire, dragbar,
Supertrapp etc. I will have sound check because I am thinking about buying a Supertrapp. Will take pictures & mpg-film and post it.

Have fun :D

Holli

check this out ...
http://www.speed-point.com

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New pictures

Hi you all V-RODDERS,

her come some new pic´s of the wheels, it will take another 10 day before they start to work on my bike and it will take 3-4 weeks at all because they have to make a new GFK rear fender, paint works etc.

I hope they will manage to give the rear fender some nice silver paint work that fits to the rest of the bike, if not they have to paint the whole bike. I like the aluminium look so much but if the have to paint it all they have to take some shiny silver that comes very close to that. Maybe some nice V-ROD airbrush on the tank, some 3D letters or so ...
To be honest : The wheels will be turned 180°, we put them the wrong way round to the bike, it will look more dynamic the other way round ...

Have fun & stay safe :D

Holli - from Germany

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow that is one big license plate!?! Are you going to relocate it? I thought about moving mine but it left a big gap between the fender and the wheel.

James

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi James,

you are right, the licence plate I will try to get smaller. and it will move up as we will use a new rear ligt with a plate holder. I don´t like the look with a licence plate beside the wheel ...

Holli - from Germany

·
Registered
82 Posts
Holli,

That is 100% better, I think I'm more excited to see your bike than you are...LOL. I'll trade bikes with you when your done with all your mods. Ha Ha

James

·
Registered
296 Posts
Holli- I think your bike is going to look great and I would like to do the big tire on mine but I must say that is one big ass license plate you got there. They don't let motorcycles have smaller plates than that? Could you post a pic of a stock softail or wideglide with one of those big plates, just curious as to what they look like. I bet those plates make the stock 130mm tire look really small, over there with those plates I would have to get a bigger tire too :)
Jeff

1 - 20 of 120 Posts